Add an EIN to existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced subscription
- Last Updated on: 24-May, 2018 |
- Posted by: QB
Get to know how you should Add An EIN To Existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced Subscription
QuickBooks is a premier accounting software that has helped millions of small and mid-sized business owners in managing their accounts and records effectively. A few additions in the software can make it all the more useful. One such tool that you can add to your existing QuickBooks Payroll subscription is EIN. Here is how you can add EIN to your QuickBooks Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced subscription.
Requirements and Limitations:
- You will have to use the same registered copy of QuickBooks Desktop on the same machine in order to process payroll for all companies on one payroll subscription.
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll is programmed to support just one company data file per EIN. If you try to use more than one company files under the same EIN and payroll subscription, you may encounter errors.
- The contact details and QuickBooks Desktop payroll administrator for the payroll subscription will be the same for all companies that you add to a single subscription.
- If you use Direct Deposit (DD) to pay your employees, you can choose to have several companies (separate data files with different EINs) with Direct Debit on the same DIY Payroll subscription.
- Each QB Desktop Payroll service can add a limited number of companies to a single subscription. Please note that the limit does not depend on number of employees but company data files.
|Service||Maximum number of EINs|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced for Accountants||50|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted||Each EIN is charged separately. Discounts apply for multiple companies|
Steps to add an EIN or another organization to your subscription:
- Select Employees.
- Go to Payroll.
- Select Use My Existing Payroll Service from the top menu bar.
- In Account Maintenance window, choose Add File.
- Choose the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-(SUBSCRIPTION NAME) radio button.
- Put in your information that includes of Zip code and select other “I have an existing subscription if you do not see your own subscription in the list.”
- If the radio button (Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-(SUBSCRIPTION NAME)) is not available, that means the payroll service has already been authenticated in the company file.
- You can move the EIN to your existing subscription, if you have a service key in the file and you wish to add the EIN in your existing subscription (you can contact us if you face an issue).
- Tap on Next.
- Click next again to add the company EIN at no extra fee when the Review Information window appears.
- Select Print, or go back to QuickBooks. You will find a payroll subscription window open to validate and the service is added automatically.
- Verify the Service Key.
- Click on Employees
- Go to My Payroll Service
- From the top menu bar, select Manage Service Key.
- Tap on View and it willopen up the new service key with an Active Status.
Important: You will not find the payroll subscription number when you click “Use My Existing Payroll Service”if you bought a subscription directly from Intuit before creating a payroll company file.
If you face the mentioned issue, check the following solution.
Tips to follow If you purchased a subscription directly from Intuit prior to creating a payroll company file:
- Find the service key of the EIN that have to add.
- Use Intuit’s Automated Service Key or Disk Delivery key tool.
- Contact our QuickBooks experts if you need help.
- Provide the EIN to us, and we will provide you with a unique service key. (Please use the automated service key or disk delivery key tool, in case you receive updates by disk.)
- Click Employees.
- Go to Payroll.
- Enter Payroll Service Key from the top menu bar.
- Tap on Add and put in the service key as one number without hyphens.
- Next, Click Add and put in your service key, in case the company file already has the payroll service key.
- Now Click on Next.
- Click Finish.
The payroll function will be activated once you follow the steps mentioned above. Also, a new Tax Table will be downloaded in the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
The given steps assist you to move or add an EIN to a different QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription. If you still need assistance with this process you can contact on our QuickBooks Payroll Customer Service Number 800-880-6389. And talk to a certified QuickBooks Expert. Our experts have the right tools, technology, and expertise to assist you with any QuickBooks related issue in the least possible time. Thanks for your valuable visit. You are always welcome here anytime soon.
Similar Articles You may Like: