- Last Updated on:   Jan 31st, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks
When a user uses QuickBooks software- widely used accounting software, it is necessary for the user to know about the release and version of the software he/she is using. This helps in troubleshooting the QuickBooks errors so that you can update your QuickBooks version as and when needed. This article will help you check the version and release of your QuickBooks software:
Find the version and release of your QuickBooks software
You can follow the instructions given below in order to find the version and release of the QuickBooks software you are using and how you can update it:
QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier or Enterprise)
- First of all, press the F2 key. Check the product line on the product information window when you want to know the version and release of the software.
- To update your QuickBooks Desktop for windows, then you can see ‘Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release’
Steps to Know the Latest Version of QuickBooks File You are Using
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop, press F2 or Ctrl + 1
- Go to Product information window and see the file section in order to find the versions you have used.
- You can also find the list of recently used versions:
|V28||QuickBooks Desktop 2018|
|V27||QuickBooks Desktop 2017|
|V26||QuickBooks Desktop 2016|
|V25||QuickBooks Desktop 2015|
QuickBooks for Mac (US only)
- To check the version and release on QuickBooks Desktop, go to Help menu and then to Product Information
- To update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, click on ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release’
QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- If you want to check the version and release:
- On QuickBooks Desktop, go to Reports > QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- As soon as the program opens, choose Help > About QuickBooks Statement Writer. You can find the information about the version in the About window.
- Updating QuickBooks Statement Writer:
- Open QuickBooks Statement Writer
- Select Help Center > Update
QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced Payroll (For US Only)
- Check the payroll version:
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, go to Employees and then to Payroll Center.
- Select the Payroll tab and to see the Subscription Status window
- If you want to download the latest payroll update, then see Download the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks Point of Sale (US Only)
- You can go the Help menu and then, ‘About Point of Sale’ to check the POS version and release. You can find the edition and version in the product line at the top.
- If you want to update QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can check ‘Update QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop to the latest release’.
QuickBooks Merchant Services or QuickBooks Payments (US Only)
Till time, there is no version available for Merchant Services or Payments and QuickBooks is the only software used as an entry point to the Merchant Services (IMS) Server.
We hope that the above given article helped you to understand the procedure to address your query. However, If you need any type of further information on this topic then you can take help from our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors.
In order to get instant help & support for you QuickBooks issues you can contact our QuickBooks Support team. We are available with 24 hour of customer service. Dial 1(800)880-6389 and speak with one of our QuickBooks Expert.
Other recommended articles