Steps to Convert your QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is being used by small and medium businesses all across the globe. Users can access QuickBooks anytime from anywhere making business operations lot easier. However, many people are still using QuickBooks Desktop and they are under the impression that converting from QuickBooks desktop to QB Online is a big hassle and there are chances of losing data. But the case is not so as the whole process is easy and QuickBooks Online comes with many perks.
Here are few the benefits of Converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
- One of the benefits you can reap by converting QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online is that it is free of cost. Intuit doesn’t charge anything for importing data to the online version.
- You can easily compare reports from current year to previous year.
Steps to Convert your QuickBooks Desktop File to QuickBooks Online
✔ Step 1: Check File Requirements
- You can import your data to QuickBooks with 60 days of the subscription. And if it is more than 60 days then try.
- Look for a QuickBooks ProAdvisor who can convert to 180 days of subscription.
- By using a new email set up a new QuickBooks Online Subscription.
- Verify data .
✔ Step 2: Prepare data
- Before you convert from the desktop version online finish all outstanding tasks related tp payroll, bank accounts, inventory etc,
- Update all your data before converting. This is a good time to clean up all unwanted data.
- Before converting take a backup of your data in the data file. In QuickBooks Desktop go to File then Back Up Company and then Create Local Backup.
✔ Step 3: Create a QuickBooks Online Account
- Once done with all the work related to data create a QuickBooks Online account and provide all the necessary details required. Once done log out of the QuickBooks Account.
✔ Step 4: Open QuickBooks Desktop
- Once you have logged out of your new QuickBooks Online account open Quickooks Desktop to export the data out. But before exporting make sure you have downloaded the recent update.
- If not then go to Help menu and then select QuickBooks Update.
- After you are done click on Company Menu and then select Export Company File to QuickBooks Online.
✔ Step 5: Log in back to QuickBooks Online Account
- After you select Export Company File to QuickBooks Online log in to the newly created account. You will be asked if you want to export your existing inventory.
- However, you should know before taking this step that QuickBooks Online values inventory using the FIFO method (first in, first out).
- If you say yes to this the value of the inventory will be recalculated using the same method from the mentioned start date.
✔ Step 6: Select QuickBooks Online Company
- You have to select the QBO company from the drop down to which you want to import data to.
✔ Step 7: Copy Data File
- Once you choose the company file copy the data file there and it will take sometime. Once all the data are copied you will get a notification and you have to click on OK Got It.
- After your data is ready in QuickBooks Online you will be sent an email confirmation regarding the same and you will be asked to complete the set up.
- However, before you start working on QuickBooks Online do check if the data have been exported correctly. You can run a profit and loss statement and a balance sheet report and then compare with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
Once your data is ready, you will receive an email notification similar to the one below. Click on the “Complete your setup” button to log into QBO and review your data.
Using QuickBooks Online much convenient than the desktop version and that’s why more and more people are shifting to it today. Hopefully these provided steps will help you to Convert your QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. If you are not able to do or there is any problem you are facing while following these steps contact our QuickBooks Helpline Number and get quick help from experts. Our QuickBooks Support team is available 24*7 to help you, Dial today our helpline +1 (800) 880-6389.
More Topics To Read: