- Last Updated on:   August 20th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Support
Learn The Process to Create and Modify QuickBooks Memorized Transactions
When it comes to recording the company’s accounting information, QuickBooks is the first option that strikes in the minds of the people. Entering data into the system every day is such a boring task, and also not liked by a majority of the people. No doubt, it is a time consuming task. This is where QuickBooks comes into play. QuickBooks offers some really amazing short cuts that greatly adds to the efficiency and also assists in saving much of the time. The memorized transaction feature of QuickBooks plays the lead role in such situations.
It is an undeniable fact that record keeping is paramount to the successful growth and improvement of any business. Thus, QuickBooks provides a swift and simple way to record the company’s accounting and bookkeeping information.
In this article, we will be discussing the ways to automate or get reminders for transactions that often occur, like monthly bills or recurring invoices. Thus, if you also wish to create and modify QuickBooks memorized transactions, then stick to the article till the end, and it will definitely be helpful to you. Never miss a transaction again with QuickBooks memorized transactions, and let the software memorize a recurring transaction to get a reminder each time it is due.
Significant features of Memorized transactions in QuickBooks
- Enhanced accuracy
- Accurate bookkeeping
- Keeps better tabs on the cash in the bank
Things that can be memorized in certain transactions:
- Customer invoices
- Vendor bills
- Purchase orders
- Credit card charges
- Journal entries
Procedure for creating QuickBooks Memorized transactions
Want to create QuickBooks memorized transactions? If yes, then go through the steps below, and make sure that you follow the same order. So, without further ado, let us have a look:
- To begin with, the very first step is to ‘Enter the transaction‘ in the same way as you want it to be memorized.
Note: The point to be noted here is that the user can leave those fields blank that contain the information that might change.
- The next step is to visit the ‘Edit menu‘ and then select the ‘Memorize option’ that is seen there.
- Now, in order to ‘Memorize the transactionn’, the user is required to press the ‘Ctrl and M‘ keys simultaneously and then click on the ‘Memorize‘ icon.
- Once done with that, the user is required to enter the name of the transaction that is being memorized. The name you enter should be the one with which you wish to handle the transaction in QuickBooks.
Add to My reminder list: Now comes the process of adding the same to the reminder list. For this, three simple steps can be followed, which include the following:
- The first step is to ‘Add the memorized transaction‘ of your reminder list.
- After that, the user is required to enter ‘How often the user wants the reminder to occur‘.
- Now, the last step is to ‘Enter the transaction next date‘ when the transaction will be due.
Don’t remind me: Another case can be when the user doesn’t want the software to remind for the same. In such case, the user is required to select the ‘Do not remind me‘ option available, and the transaction will not be used to get memorized.
Robotic Transaction entry: Well, in this case, the transaction will be automatically entered at the times when it will get due. This actually means that the QuickBooks software will automatically enter the details, and the users need not be concerned for the same.
- The first step is to enter how often the user wants the software to enter the transaction.
- The next step is to enter the next date when the transaction will be due.
This means that the user will be required to fill in how often and next date fields.
Points to be noted:
- The very first thing is to ensure that the ‘Next Date select‘ is set to a day in the future due to its automatic schedule.
- While filling in the number remained field, the user is required to make sure that it includes the ‘Next Date transaction‘.
- Also, another point that the user should be concerned about is, in case the user wants to enter the other important information in the Transaction, he/she is required to enter the same and then tap on ‘OK‘.
- The last and most important thing to consider is to click ‘Save & Close‘ or ‘Save & Next‘, to enter the ‘memorized transaction‘. Select the ‘Clear button‘ and close the window, in case the user is only entering the transaction information for the future purpose.
Simple Process to update QuickBooks Memorized transaction
- To begin with the procedure, the user is required to visit the ‘list menu’ and then choose the ‘Memorized transaction list‘.
- After that, the user is required to double-click the ‘Preferable memorized transaction‘.
- Moving ahead, if you want to make any kind of changes in the transaction, then you can also make changes.
- Now, simply click on the ‘Close and Save‘ option.
- And the last step is to select the ‘next‘ option, in order to ‘Enter the memorized transaction‘.
Insight into creating memorized transaction group
- To begin with, the user is required to visit the ‘file menu‘ and then select the ‘Memorized transactions list‘.
- Once done with that, from the pop-up menu, the user is required to select the ‘New Groupp’ option.
- Now, fill the important information like the group name and then select the ‘action‘ and the ‘date‘ options.
- To end the procedure, the user is required to click on ‘OK‘ button.
Add a transaction to a memorized transaction group by following simple steps:
- The first step in this procedure is to open the transaction that the user wants to memorize.
- After that, choose the ‘Memorize‘ option.
- And then, opt for the ‘Add to Group‘ options and enter the group name.
- The last step is to click on the ‘OK‘ option, in order to ‘Save‘ it.
Procedure to edit or delete the Memorized transactions in QuickBooks
This procedure involves three basic steps:
- The first step is to go through the ‘QuickBooks memorized list‘.
- Tap the ‘Edit‘ button.
- And then ‘Edit the original memorized transaction‘, followed by clicking on the memorize button, and you are good to go.
Rectifying issues encountered while memorizing reports
- In case the QuickBooks user encounters any error message while attempting to memorize the report, then QuickBooks will not retain the report. This basically might be done on the grounds that the report’s definition is excessively vast. In such case, the user is required to take a stab at lessening the number of channels or the particular quantities of things that picked in each of the channels to curl up the report’s size.
- If the user select the ‘Process Multiplier Reports‘ from the ‘Reports‘ menu, and the same doesn’t appear, then it might be brought about by a harmed report or a report that is imported from another form of the software. In such cases, the user is required to discover, erase, as well as re-make the report causing such issue.
With this, we come to the end of the article, and we hope that this article might be of some help to the reader. In case the above methods do not work in your favor, or you require any kind of help, then you can get in touch with our team of QuickBooks support experts and professionals, by dialing our toll-free number .i.e +1-800-880-6389.
We own a pool of experts who are well versed with the ways to resolve any kind of issue associated with QuickBooks. So, do not hesitate to consult our team of experts, as they provide round the clock assistance, and do not leave any stone unturned to attain the highest possible customer satisfaction.
Some other useful links: