- Last Updated on:   Jan 28th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
All You Need to know about Enter and Delete Transactions in QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks have emerged as one of the best accounting software available in the world. Small and medium business have been benefited a lot through this software. With the help of this software not only has accounting, and payroll have become easier than before, but also finance and sales are easier to manage. The software has many advanced features which makes it one of the best accounting applications. In fact, in every version new features are added to the software.
In all the latest QuickBooks Desktop editions as well as Enterprise 18.0 version users are allowed batch entry of Deposits, cheques, Credit Card charges or invoices, Credit Memos, Bills and Bill Credits. Through this article we will discuss in depth how to enter and delete transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to Entering and Deleting Transactions by batch in QuickBooks
Below are the steps to entering and deleting transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop. Before you proceed with the steps, ensure that backup your company file.
To Enter transaction by batch:
- First, go to the Accountant menu and then tap on batch enter transactions.
- Now choose the Transaction Type and Account.
- Open the spreadsheet which contains that transaction that you need to record in QuickBooks column.
- Now categorize the columns in your spreadsheet to check the arrangements of the column in the Batch Transaction Screen.
- After this click on Ctrl +A the information you want and rich click and then choose copy.
- Finally in the Batch Enter Transaction screen, right-click the first date field and now choose Paste.
Important Note: Kindly note that if the name and account is not listed in the company file they will be displayed red. So, click on the name or account and then choose Quick Add or Set UP.
To Add Multiple Split Lines in the Transaction
The split transactions actually permit to add a single or more secondary split line to a transaction.
- First thing to do is select the transaction which you want to add split line.
- Now click on the Split tab
- After this you have to type the needed details for each of the split on a separate line.
- Click on OK so as to return to the main batch Enter Transaction screen.
- Finally, keep on doing this step for every transaction with multiple split lines.
In order to Use Class in QuickBooks Desktop
- In case, you can change your columns to add ‘Class’ by entering Batch Transaction screen.
- To keep the ‘class’ remain associated with an item in transaction in the organization, the item must be selected before you choose class.
- This is applicable for all form and transaction entries.
- In case, a class has been chosen earlier to an item, then the Class will be replaced when the item is chosen.
- After this press on the save Transaction tab and the yes and on Confirm Account Screen.
To Delete Transaction by batch
This feature is presently available only in QuickBooks Premier Accountant, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16.0, and QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 2016 and the latest versions.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solution, QuickBooks Premier Accountant, QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 2016 and newer.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier 2015, QuickBooks Enterprise Solution 15.0 and earlier.
- Click on Ctrl+D to delete faster.
Important Note: Untick the alert when removing a transaction or unused detail item to remove the warning pop up when you press Ctrl+D.
- This can also be done from the account register.
- If you are trying to replace all your transactions, then visit the Intuit Marketplace for a third party application that can help you remove all unwanted transactions at once.
If you have any query, then seek assistance from our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team. We have top-notched experts with latest technology to solve all issues that occurs in QuickBooks software. Contact us today at 1(800)880-6389 and speak with one of our representative.
Get More Helpful Topics