- Last Updated on:   Dec 13th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
QuickBooks lets you manage company’s employee list plus payroll information. It is quite easy to add new employees and keep the track of all the employees in QuickBooks. When you want to add an employee in QuickBooks it becomes compulsory for your employees to fill all the mandatory new hire forms like I-9 & W-4 form along with any state holding allowance forms.
To add an Employee in QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks keeps all the information about your employees. If you want to add a new employee then follow the steps mentioned below-
- Firstly click on “Employees” onto your home screen so that Employee center could open from the left navigation bar.
- Select “New Employee” on the top of the screen.
- Fill the employee’s applicable information in the area asked.
- Fill the employee’s name.
- Click on “Enter W-4 form“, and then enter the employee’s withholding information.
- Choose “how often to include this employee in a payroll run“.
- Select “how you pay this employee“, and enter how much.
- Click “Add additional pay types” to add a second hourly rate or other types of pay such as Overtime or Sick Pay.
- Under Does this employee have any deductions?, click the “pencil icon” to edit a deduction, or click “Add a new deduction” to add one.
- To change your bank info or select another way to pay your employee, click the pencil icon under “How do you want to pay this employee?“
- Finally, click on “OK” when you finished adding new employees to save them in the QuickBooks.
Once you have completed the steps, your employee can now be included in pay runs.
To add more details about the employee e.g. additional pay rates or setting up deductions and adjustments you need to choose the Employees from the left-hand menu, and then choose their name , which will bring you to the Employee Details section.
Hopefully, now we assume that you can add a new employee to your QuickBooks and if you are facing any trouble then feel free to seek help from our QuickBooks Payroll Customer Support helpline at +1(800)880-6389.