- Last Updated on:   June 7th, 2019
- Posted by: Pro Accountant Advisor
QuickBooks portable company files are fundamentally in that file format that makes the Company files more compressed. Opening a portable file is alike as opening the regular file. But sometimes the file is not in such format to open hence QuickBooks will show an error. Let Us learn how to Resolve it.
Reason why you are unable to open it?
The reasons why you are unable to open it are below:
- Available Copy is damaged
- The record expansion is changed to .QBM
- You are restoring the Portable Copy over the system or from a detachable gadget
- The Portable Copy is created using a more up to date form of QuickBooks Desktop and being restored in a before adaptation (i.e. made in QuickBooks Desktop 2017 and being restored in QuickBooks Desktop 2016)
How to Fix the error: Cannot open QuickBooks Portable company file?
Follow the steps mentioned below to repair this error by renaming your portable file-
Solution 1: Rename Your Portable File
- Make a “Replica of the Portable File” on your Desktop.
- Right-tap the record and select “Rename“.
- Rename your record to something straightforward like “ABC.QBM“
- Restore the “Portable record“, click on “File” and then select “Open or Restore Company“.
- Click on “Restore an all-around” file, follow the prompts to finish the procedure.
- In case that the error continues, acquire another duplicate of the “Portable File” and utilize an alternate media like email, CD, Portable Drive to transport the document to your Computer.
We hope that the method to open portable company file did helped you a lot and if you have any questions or doubts then feel free to seek help from QuickBooks Customer Support by calling on their toll-free helpline at +1(800)880-6389.
Other Frequently asked questions