- Last Updated on:   Dec 18th, 2019
- Posted by: Pro Accountant Advisor
You must be a QuickBooks Enterprise user if you are reading this answer. You have benefits of many other features in QuickBooks Enterprise which is not available in other versions of QuickBooks. If you want to convert QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Online then don’t worry! Just follow the steps mentioned below to import QuickBooks Enterprise files to QuickBooks online.
Steps to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Online
- Firstly, subscribe to QuickBooks online.
- Save a backup of your QuickBooks Enterprise file and recover the backup to make a second copy and work off this second copy. The original file is left untouched in case any misshapen.
- On the home screen open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- Hold and press “Ctrl+1 keys” to open the “Product Information window“.
- Once the window is opened then press “Ctrl+b” followed by “Ctrl+q” keys.
- Hit on the “OK tab” to close the current window.
- Login to your QuickBooks Online and agree to the “Terms of Service” and then click on “Submit” button.
- Finally choose the company file to which you want to import your data into.
If QuickBooks failed to Import files (QuickBooks is freezing or nonresponsive)
While converting the QuickBooks you may face QuickBooks not responding, QuickBooks freezing or QuickBooks doesn’t start problems. To skip from these problems you need to perform the following steps given below:
- Firstly, browse to the “Internet Explorer” and then follow the instruction which is mentioned below to enable or disable the appropriate settings.
- Press and hold the “Alt+t keys” to go to the “Tools” menu and from here jump to “Internet Options” at the bottom of your computer.
- Go to the “Security” button at the top and unmark the “Enable Protected Mode” box.
- Click on “Sites” and add one at a time, https://qbo.intuit.com and https://lvdc.qbo.intuit.com to the “Trusted Sites“, after that click on “Close“.
- Go to the “Security tab” and then click on the “Zone“. For Low level or Medium level navigate the slider for security.
- Unmark the “Enable Protected Mode“.
- Click on “Apply menu” and after that press “OK” button and after that close and reopen the “Internet Explorer” before trying to redo the import.
- After following the above steps try the import once more. While the process of import flows, you can get a pop-up asking you to redirect to qboline.intuit.com and click on “Yes” if you trust this side.
- Click on “OK” and search of an email from Intuit where your data is done converting and then login back to QuickBooks Online.
- Compare the “Profit and Loss of Balance Sheet standard reports” for All Dates in QB Online and in QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks online and make sure that your data transferred correctly.
Hopefully, the steps mentioned above really did help you a lot to convert your QuickBooks desktop enterprise to online and if in case you are facing any issue then feel free to seek assistance from our QuickBooks online support team at .i.e. +1(800)880-6389.