- Last Updated on:   Dec 17th, 2019
- Posted by: Pro Accountant Advisor
Are you troubling with QuickBooks Error 80029c4a? In recent days, few of QuickBooks users reported that they are having problems with their software at the time they are trying to open QuickBooks or a company file. When the error 80029c4a encounters, users may see these 2 following error messages on screen:
What is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
Generally, this error occurs when there is a company file damage or when an anti-virus program mistakenly deleted an important file from the program as a suspect. When this error occurs in QuickBooks desktop, it prevents users to open the software and users. Also you may face troubles when you double click on QuickBooks icon to open your software (For ex: QuickBooks not starting up properly, QuickBooks not responding, not functioning well or displaying an error box).
When QuickBooks Error 80029c4a occurs you may see one of the following error message:
Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with company file.
Error Code: 80029c4a.
Description: Error loading type library / DLL”
Here, in this FAQ section, today I am going to discuss about this error code and guide you how to fix this Error Code 80029c4a in QuickBooks.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
- A virus or malware infectious attack that corrupts Windows system files.
- Important program files are damaged.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Pro version.
- Corrupted windows registry in QuickBooks Pro software.
- Your program gets maliciously or it mistakenly deleted from QB files.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
QuickBooks Error 80029c4a can be caused due to many factors, so it’s more important to fix it on a present time & diagnosed it by using several tips offered by our professionals. Follow the below given instructions to resolve this error. However, you can also contact our QuickBooks error support team by dialing 1-800-880-6389 to save your time and effort.
Solution 1: Restart Windows Operating System
Most of the technical problems can be resolve with a system restart.
- Go to Start menu.
- Click on Power key button. You will now see three options as Sleep, Shut Down or Restart.
- Click on Restart button to reboot your system.
Solution 2: Install a Latest Version of QuickBooks desktop
Intuit offers timely updates for QuickBooks Software for at least 3 years. Users have many options for this service either they can download their latest updates and can go through an automatic up-date. For any kind of technical assistance or online help you can ask it directly to our Intuit Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
This error can be solve if you install your QuickBooks software to the latest released version. (Note: The current version is QuickBooks desktop 2019)
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Software Associated with Error 80029c4a.
- Now Download and install the latest version of QuickBooks desktop.
- Click here to learn how to install QuickBooks desktop?
When other fixation process fails or unable to troubleshoot it at the time of technical hectic situation then you need to update QuickBooks software to latest version as perfectly.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6147, 0?
Solution 3: Run Reboot.bat file
- First of all Close your QuickBooks.
- Now open the folder which has the reboot.bat file
- Next, Select properties option by right clicking on the QuickBooks Desktop icon
- Click on Open file location.
- Now give a right click on the reboot.bat file and select Run as Administrator.
Note: Make it sure that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Admin.
- The files may show as reboot.bat or reboot depending on your windows folder options settings.
Note: Don’t close the black window that will open with scrolling filename. This will close automatically when the reboot.bat file utility has completed.
- Finally reboot your system.
Solution 4: Update the Avast Virus Definition & Program
Note: We recommended you to consult with an IT professional before making any changes to your anti-virus software or registry editor. It can cause a higher data loss problem.
- Give a right click on your Avast icon.
- Now choose the Update option.
- Click on Program and follow the prompts to upgrade the Avast program.
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 and select Engine and Virus Definitions.
Solution 5: Check your antivirus settings
Some antivirus programs unintentionally obstruct QuickBooks from loading important files. You need to inspect the location of your program that lists blocked files. You need to set permissions settings on your antivirus program. If you see any one of the programs listed below in your quarantine, give them permissions to go through your firewall.
- Most of these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Files with (x86) in the location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX, are 64-bit versions.