- Last Updated on:   May 20th, 2019
- Posted by: admin
QuickBooks Error Code 1712 usually pop-up while installing the QuickBooks into the main or primary or host or server computer. Generally, it appears with a warning message as shown below: –
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
QB Error 1712 Description: One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 1712 Occurs?
QuickBooks error code 1712 may error after installation or un-installation of any program which requires a reboot after the process. See some more possible causes behind to this error.
- You have damaged data files in your QuickBooks
- There is few changes that have been made to software within the same computer
- You are trying to install your QuickBooks in a coded or damaged folder.
- Some malicious software such as adware, spyware, and viruses attack.
- There is some registry errors or corruption in your software.
Quick Steps to fix QuickBooks Error code 1712?
Follow the steps shown below to resolve this issue: –
- Reboot or restart the computer.
- Use the ‘Task Manager’ to close all the running QuickBooks version in the background.
- Try again to install the QuickBooks.
In case, the error pertains – Add or create a Windows user with Administrator rights, then attempt QuickBooks installation. You can also take help from QuickBooks error support team.
Few other advanced troubleshooting steps
If you are not happy with the above given solution method then perform these advanced solution methods to resolve QuickBooks error 1712.
Solution 1: Download and install QuickBooks Desktop.
- Visit on the QuickBooks versions download resources page from here: https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products
- Choose the change option.
- Hit a click on the Product version.
- Now choose your desired version in the version column.
- Finally hit a click on download button.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Visit to the official website of Intuit.
- After that search for QBInstall tool.
- Once you get it, Download QBInstall diagnostic tool on your computer.
- Once the tool is downloaded install it.
- Close all the system applications and the background application to run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Right click on QBInstall diagnostic tool and then choose Open.
- Find the option labeled as “I am having problems installing QuickBooks”.
- Now choose the OK tab.
- Finally reboot your computer system to ensure that all the changes you made are correct.
I hope these quick steps helped you to resolve your on-going problem within QuickBooks. If still Error 1712 is not resolved then you may connect with our QuickBooks installation support team and get instant assistance from our certified ProAdvisors.