- Last Updated on:   January 22nd, 2019
- Posted by: QB
Most of the QuickBooks users are not aware of QuickBooks Update and the Payroll service Updates. Through this post we have provided a quick overview on Payroll Updates and how a QB user can get the latest updates.
QuickBooks Payroll Update
The latest updates to QB users are provided through QuickBooks Payroll Update. Most accurate and current rates are provided by these updates. Calculations for federal and state taxes tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay option also come in these updates.
Most charges are released at the last of the year so that federal and state agencies release the majority of its changes for the next year. QuickBooks Payroll releases payroll updates the year so that many agencies make changes to their payroll tax calculations and tax forms during the year.
*State payroll tax forms are available as part of the QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll service.
Which Payroll Update Do you Have?
To check your payroll version, follow the given steps in your QuickBooks.
From the employees menu,
- Select ‘Get Payroll Updates‘
- After that click on ‘Update now.’
- In the get Payroll Updates window, check the number alongside words “You are using tax table version”.
- If this matches the number of the current payroll update, it means that you are updated.
How to Obtain Payroll Updates?
To get the latest payroll updates you need to subscribe to QuickBooks Payroll. If you already have subscribed for QuickBooks Payroll, you can download your updates over the Internet.
- The simplest way to do this is to set up automatic updates to make sure that QuickBooks downloads payroll updates automatically as soon as they are released.
- You can also download and install the latest payroll upgrade anytime while in QuickBooks.
I hope you find this answer useful. If you need any further information related to this topic or any other QuickBooks issue then please feel free to contact us at toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Help Service at +1(800)880-6389.