- Last Updated on:   July 25th, 2019
- Posted by: admin
QuickBooks is preferable accounting application because of its good interface and revolutionary features. Rather the software is great but just like any other good software’s, this software also prone to some errors. In this post, I am going to share you some important steps to “delete damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to resolve license and registration issues”.
Installation of QuickBooks Desktop needs you to enter a license number and a product code to complete the process of validation. If in case the encrypted file which has information is damaged then QuickBooks will open and may display an error message. In such a scenario, deleting the entitlement file and re-entering your license and product information will guide you to solve the issue.
Common Errors that can be fixed by deleting entitlement file
The following are the errors and issues which can be resolved by deleting the entitlement file-
- “Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.”
- “Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
- “You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” appears after you subscribe and sync.
- “Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
- Error re-configuring your edition of QuickBooks.
- Edit List link is not in No Company Open window
- Sync License Data Online is grayed out and un-clickable.
Steps to delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
Implement the steps mentioned below to delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file successfully. However, if you are not a tech savvy then we recommend you to take expert’s help by dialing QuickBooks support number 1-800-880-6389.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure that all the QuickBooks processes are no longer running.
- From your keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc so that the Task Manager could open.
- Windows 10: Click on More Details to show Task Manager.
- Choose the Processes
- Sort the Processes in alphabetic order by choosing the Process Name
- Find all the instances of EXE and then chose End Task.
- Open the entitlement data folder for your OS and the version of QuickBooks.
- From your keyboard press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Input C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and then click on Enter.
- Right-click the ecml file and choose Delete option.
- Choose Yes tab to confirm you want to delete the file.
- Open your company file and follow the instructions to register the application.
Important: If you have QuickBooks Point of Sale installed then you will also have to re-register the program as it uses the same EntitlementDataStore.ecml file as QuickBooks Desktop.
Hopefully, the above steps mentioned for deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file has really helped you a lot. Furthermore, for any queries related to QB you can directly connect with our QuickBooks Customer Support team by calling them on their toll-free helpline at +1(800)-880-6389.