- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Support
Unarguably QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the market. Designed to cater both medium and small businesses, this software has changed the way accounting, payroll and bookkeeping is done. As its packed with powerful features, today more and more companies using it. However, it is a software and that’s why often face technical errors. But all these errors can be easily handled as many articles available in the internet. And if that doesn’t help then the QuickBooks Error Support sites are always ready to help the users.
It often happens that the users tend to lose their QuickBooks Product and Intuit License number. So, in this article we will discuss how to find the lost product and license number.
Locating Installation Numbers
You will find your installation number in any of the following.
- The original product packaging – You can find the product numbers in the scratch off sticker which is situated near the UPC code.
- You can also find the installation number in the confirmation
- The computer where the software was initially installed.
- So for this start the installation program by putting the CD in the CD-ROM drive. And the installation process will begin automatically.
- After this choose Reinstall option.
- Numbers will be displayed in the License and Product Number Window. You have to write them then choose cancel.
If You Cannot Locate your Installation Numbers
In case, you cannot locate the installation numbers then visit QuickBooks Look Up page to retrieve it. But if the Look up cannot find the license number of the key code then a link of customer service will be displayed on the web-page for further assistance.
For US version of QuickBooks:
- In case Lookup page cannot find the number based on your phone number then login to your account and try to look for the information.
- If you cannot login then choose the Contact Us Link and then select your product that you use for the right number to call.
- Do ensure that you have the required proof of purchase of the software before you call Customer Service.
- In case you have bought QuickBooks or Point of Sale from Intuit then provide the Order number to the customer service executive when you make a call for assistance. You can easily find the order them from the Order Status page.
- If the software or Point of Sale was purchased from a local retailer, in that case you have to fax the proof of it to 520-844-6451 prior to calling the customer service experts. Do provide the name of your company as well as contact information on the sheet. You also have to fax the below mentioned details
- Box bottom where you will find the UPC bar code
- The front of the program CD
- Receipt or invoice of the Store sales
- The CD holder where the license number must be displayed.
For Canadian version of QuickBooks:
You can contact the Intuit QuickBooks team if you are not able to locate your license and product.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our QuickBooks toll free Support Number +1-800-880-6389.