A firewall is network security device or security software which is specially designed to obligate the unauthorized access based upon certain sets of the rule. Irrespective of the firewall location, whether it’s present on the server or computer, it can easily capable to block/stop the communication between the QuickBooks Point of Sale company data & computer.
The Point of Sale utility is comprised of the ability to automatically detect & configures the firewall if it finds that the connections are blocked. Although, there are many time when the firewall required to configure manually by the users. In this post, we are going to discuss about how a QB user can configure the firewall for QuickBooks Pos by their own. While going through manual configuration, the users should read the manual provided by the firewall program. So that they can perform the configuration accurately.
Processes that is Interrupted by the Blocking of QuickBooks POS
Below are few programs that will be interrupted when the security program blocks the QuickBooks Point of Sale utility:
- Electronic Funds Transfer: Processing of the Intuit’s Merchant Credit Card
- Database Server Manager: Capability to connect & record transactions/changes to the company file
- Intuit Entitlement Service: Product license & user validation
Most of the time Point of Sale automatically configure the firewall for you whenever the connectivity gets blocked. However, few-times you need to configure your firewall manually. If you are going to configure your firewall application manually, you should review the appropriate sections of the manual that has provided with the firewall program.
Steps to Configure Manually Windows firewall for QuickBooks Point of Sale?
Points to Remember:
- You should have the authority on Windows Administrator rights to perform.
- Ensure to add the required firewall ports & Executable files for the Point of Sale utility (In case, the firewall security is a third-party program).
- It is recommended to contact the developer of the third party program to know – How to add port & file exemptions.
Manual steps to configure the Windows firewall
- First of all, You need to Press Windows+R, the run command will open.
- After then, Type control & hit the OK.
- The Control Panel will appear.
- On the right upper corner of the display, set the “view by” to Small Icons.
- Choose the Windows Firewall.
- Choose the Advanced Settings.
- Select the Inbound option there.
- Now Click on the New Rule.
- Choose the Port, and then Hit the Next.
- Type the numbers of the ports, and then hit the Next.
- Choose Allow Connection, and then select the Next.
- Give a certain name to your firewall rule, and then hit the Finish.
Important Note: While manually configuring the firewall of the device for QuickBooks. You will see questions with several options like deny, grant, block, permit, or something similar option. You have to select all the positive options like permit, allow, or grant the permission. The action is performed for one question or for a specific file or folder wont be automatically applied to all the files or folder in the POS program.
Perhaps, it could be possible that the client still encounters the problem with configuring the firewall or any other issue related to QuickBooks. Well, you don’t have to be worry…!! Pro Accountant Advisor is a firm and dedicated team of certified Intuit QuickBooks experts to resolve all the issues, no matter if it is related to firewall configuration, QuickBooks errors, QB Installation, or anything. Or you can directly contact us at +1-800-880-6389. If you have still questions then feel free to contact us at our QuickBooks Support Number anytime.