Everything You Should Know About OL & OLSU Bank Feed Errors in QuickBooks Desktop
Did you receive OL and OLSU Bank Feed Errors? Don’t worry this blog post is intended to discuss the troubleshooting steps to fix this common QB Desktop online banking and connection Error. These errors include OL-202, OL-206, OL-221, OL-231, OL-249, OL-334, OL-203, OL-393, OLSU-1011, OLSU-1016, and OLSU-1014. In the meanwhile, if you need instant help from the experts then you can contact the QuickBooks Error Support team.
OL and OLSU Bank Feed Errors – Reasons
This QuickBooks Desktop online banking and connection Error may be caused by one or more of the following reasons:
- An issue or dispute with your bank (also called financial institution).
- Your bank may have changed their services, Web Connect or Direct Connect.
- Your bank was involved in a merger and change of name, and that needs to be refreshed in QuickBooks.
- You might own an active account with your bank, and that is enabled for Online Banking in QB.
- Your bank’s server may be temporarily down.
- There might be a problem with your internet connection.
- There might be an issue with one or more accounts in your QB company file.
- The download or import pattern may have an issue.
- A discontinued, older version of Windows Operating System or QB Desktop.
Before You Move to the Troubleshooting Part
Most of the banks and financial institutions need identity confirmation before accessing any data from Personal Finance Management software (PFM). To meet the bank requirement, you should log in to your bank account using a system other than QuickBooks Desktop and verify your Message Center or inbox for more details. Banks can also be contacted if needed.
Check the Given Terms Before Proceeding Further
You will have to meet the given criteria and check them.
Are you connected to the internet?
- No: Being connected to the internet is mandatory in order to download online banking transactions.
- Yes: Diagnose and fix the connectivity issue. Check firewall and internet security settings.
Do you have a version supported by QB Desktop and Internet Explorer?
- No: Only use supported versions.
- Yes: Continue.
Are you using QuickBooks Desktop application latest release?
- No: Kindly use the latest release.
- Yes: Continue.
Have you ever downloaded a transaction from your bank to your current QB Desktop company file?
- No: Communicate with your bank and verify your bank details. Also, ensure that the bank has no outages before performing any solution to your issue.
- Yes: Continue
Can you log in to your bank account through the bank’s site using QuickBooks Desktop?
- No: Speak to your bank to verify your details and see if the bank is experiencing any supply issue before you move on to fix your problem.
- Yes: Review Connlog.txt file (Bank Feeds log files) for the availability of any connection failure messages and communicates them to your bank.
Check Classic (Register) view and see if you find the same results? (For users in the USA)
Classic mode is considerably more lenient regarding the OFX formatting standards required by banks to use for statement download or import.
- You can, for testing purpose, switch to Classic (Register) mode and try to import or download again.
- Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Choose Checking from the left menu and tap on the Company Preferences tab.
- Now, go to the Bank Feeds section and select the Classic (Register) Mode radio button.
- Click OK.
Steps to Fix OL and OLSU Error while Downloading or Importing Transactions
Please perform these steps in the order as mentioned and try your download after every step:
Step 1: If available, enable TLS 1.2 Security Protocol
The given steps can assist you in enabling TLS 1.2 in the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Open IE 11 (make sure you have the latest IE version installed).
- Tap once on the gear icon in the Internet Explorer.
- Go to Internet Options and select Advanced Tab.
- Scroll down to find Security section.
- Uncheck the USE TLS 1.0 box and check in USE TLS 1.2.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Close all open programs and restart your computer for changes to take place.
- If the same error message exists, continue to the next step.
Step 2: Make a new company test file
This step will assist you to identify any issue that starts with your bank their servers.
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu, choose New Company, and then Express start.
- Now add a bank account (the one in which you were facing issues) in the created test company.
- Now, setup account for bank feeds.
- Test the account by performing bank feed transaction downloads.
- If the issue persists, move on to step 3.
Step 3: Run account setup with the Ctrl key suppressed
This step can bypass previously failed connections and can assist you to do away with partial, incomplete or unsuccessful connections with your bank. You can access details of step by step description with the help of QuickBooks experts or by visiting the official website of Intuit. Once you perform this step and the issue disappears, it would translate to the successful troubleshoot of QB Desktop online banking and connection Error, and you will be able to download transaction. Move on to the next step if the issue still exists.
Step 4: Create a new account and merge accounts
Sometimes the accounts you are customizing may be the reason behind these issues. If such a scene arises, you should remove all pending transactions, create a new account and merge them.
Note: If you are unable to merge accounts then your data file might be damaged. You can speak to a QuickBooks expert. If you were able to merge accounts and issue is still there, perform step 5.
Step 5: Deactivate all accounts with online services.
If you own more than one account set up for online banking services, these steps will help you identify the source accounts in your company file. Sometimes, if you have only one account with an error that keeps it from connecting to the bank, this may not allow your online accounts to work.
Note: This process can be time consuming if you have multiple accounts set up for online banking.
- Choose the Include inactive checkbox at the bottom of the Chart of Accounts window.
- For all inactive accounts, deactivate Bank Feeds and close and reopen the file.
- Set up every account for Bank Feeds.
- Contact QuickBooks Tech Support (users in the USA and Canada), in case you are not able to deactivate Bank Feed Settings for your accounts. It may happen because of corrupt or damaged date.
- Move to step 6 if the above solution didn’t fix the error.
Step 6: Get in touch with your bank
QuickBooks users receive assistance in recovering errors from their end from all banks and financial institutions that support QB online banking. Here are some basic things you should know:
- Before contacting your bank to seek any assistance, you should collect all the log files of bank feeds.
- QuickBooks performs online banking, and thus, most of the OL and OLSU series online banking and connection errors should be fixed through financial institutions.
- If the error still remains unsolved, you should ask bank executive to contact and transfer the concern to online connectivity group of Intuit.
This blog post is created to offer you all the possible solutions to get rid of OL and OLSU errors. If you need any assistance regarding the same error or any other QuickBooks related issue, you can always contact our QuickBooks Payroll Support Team @ +1 800 880 6389. We are available 24*7 and boast of state of the art tools and technologies to provide you with the best of solutions.
Read More Article