Steps to Fix QuickBooks 2018 Installation Error
QuickBooks is an innovative software! But it isn’t something very rare for it to receive issues. One of the many troubles reported by users is QuickBooks Installation Error. This error may trouble both Windows and Mac users. This error doesn’t allow the QuickBooks to start, or hinder it from opening and functioning entirely even after clicking QuickBooks or QB company file icon. There might be multiple reasons to stop QuickBooks accounting software from opening. In this article, we will discuss some competent techniques to fix this error. You can also take assistance from our QuickBooks Enterprise Support team.
What May be the Reasons for QuickBooks 2018 Installation Error?
There might be one or more of the following reasons to trigger the QuickBooks error:
- This error may occur if you open QuickBooks multiple times. If you double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon repeatedly, it would prevent your QB company file from opening successfully.
- It may be caused due to an incorrect way that you undertake to open a particular file type.
- The problem may be with reports and other windows within the file.
- The installation error may also occur if you employ any improper version of QuickBooks to open the company file, folder, compressed or encrypted file.
- Improper file name and extension, or data corruption may also trigger this issue.
Fixation of QuickBooks 2018 Installation Error
These are the steps to solve the 2018 installation error for Windows and Mac. You need to follow each and every steps in order to resolve QuickBooks Installation Errors i.e (Error 1603, Error 1935, Error 1904 or Error 1402)
Solution Number 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- First of all, Go to windows task bar, do a right-click and select Start Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes.
- Sort alphabetically by clicking on the Image Name header.
- Select EXE.
- Click on End Process.
Solution Number 2: Suppress the QuickBooks application.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon, press and hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard and select Open.
- Open the company file.
Solution Number 3: Restart your computer
- QuickBooks installation error and many other QuickBooks and windows errors may disappear just by restarting your system.
- Restarting PC means that all your software will open up fresh.
- After you restart your computer, try to open QuickBooks by clicking on the icon.
- Restarting computer also resets the wrong changes made by you during your last session.
Solution Number 4: Re-register QuickBooks Accounting Software related components in Windows.
- Re-registering QB related components in Windows is another dependable way of getting rid of installation error.
- You can re-register components like .DLL and .OCX files in MS Windows.
- Also, run reboot.bat.
Solution Number 5: Repair your QuickBooks installation.
- You can replace all faulty installation files of QuickBooks by running a software repair on your QuickBooks Installation.
Solution Number 6: Perform a clean installation.
- If the issue persists even after performing all the solutions mentioned above, you can Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
- It will reinstall all the installation files during current folders however, those files will remain intact within the same default folder location.
How to Fix MacBook Pro Update Error
You can try the following steps to fix update error with Macbook:
- Open MacBook Pro.
- Go to File > click Utility > click Verify Data” (In case no errors detected).
- Tap on End / restart.
- Now, Restart MacBook Pro.
This article consists of several general steps to fix errors for different types of QuickBooks Desktop files that will not open or restore. We hope that you find this article helpful. If you still face the QuickBooks installation Error, You can speak to our QuickBooks experts at +1 800 880 6389. We are ProAccountAdvisor, a leading QuickBooks support service provider. We boast of cutting edge tools and technologies. With us on your disposal, you will get the most appropriate of the solutions in the least time possible.