- Last Updated on:   Mar 12th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Like many other software, QuickBooks is also prone to many error and QuickBooks Error Code 1722 is among them. These errors arises when there are issues in coding while structuring the software but these issues can be resolved by following the proper steps. If you need help, Contact QuickBooks Error Support team and talk with Intuit certified experts.
You may also like: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 1935?
With the help of this Infographic we have tried to provide you 4 easy solution steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1722.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 1722?
Following are the common reasons behind the occurrence of this error which include:
- Incomplete or Damaged Installation of QuickBooks software.
- The damaged windows may be registered from a recent QuickBooks related software modification.
- Virus or malware infection might corrupt the windows system files or any QuickBooks related important program files.
- In case, any other program deleted QuickBooks files maliciously or mistakenly.
- QuickBooks error code 1722 can occur at Run-time and so often it is called Run-Time Errors. There may be various causes for this error and so it important to troubleshoot each of the possible causes to fix and prevent it from happening in the near future.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1722
There are few symptoms as well which suggest that your software is witnessing this error:
- Your PC starts crashing with this error frequently.
- Moreover, due to this error the PC may crash frequently when running the same program.
- “Error Code 1722” is displayed on the computer screen.
- Windows runs slowly and responds late to mouse/keyboard input.
- The system freezes for few seconds.
- Users can get the error message during the installation of the program or also when any Intuit related software application like QuickBooks is running when Windows is starting up or shutting down. It is very important to know where the error is occurring and this will actually help in fixing the issue.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Run-time Error R6025?
Method to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1722
Unlike other error codes of QuickBooks desktop error Code 1722 is also a run-time error which can be resolved easily through “Windows Restore Method“.
Method 1: Restore your System to an Early Point
In this method, you need to choose the restore point from the most recent backup of you computer system that you created in past. And then the files and programs will be saved on the system and to the restore point that has been chosen by you. With this easy and swift method, you can be assured that your hours of troubleshooting the error are saved.
Follow the below given steps:
- Firstly, Go to “Start“ button and type in “System Restore“ and then Press “Enter” key.
- A result window will appear. Click on “System Restore” option.
- Enter the system “Administration Password” (User ID and Password).
- A wizard window will open. Follow the screen prompted instructions and choose the restore point as desired.
- After this, restore your computer and start your QuickBooks software.
Method 2: Repair system registry
- Repair Registry Entries related with Error 1722 and run complete scan of your system
- Run “Disk Clean up” to Remove all temporary files and folders from your system.
- Update Your “PC Device Drivers“.
- Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks Program Related to “Error 1722“
- Run “Windows System File Checker“.
- Install All the Windows Updates Available on Internet.
- Perform a “Clean Installation“ of windows.
Method 3: Perform a clean install of windows
Uninstall and Reinstall the QuickBooks Program Associated with QuickBooks Error code 1722. Reinstalling QuickBooks software can be a fix if the error 1722 is related to a specific program.
Steps for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Press “Start key“ and go to “Programs and Features“.
- Go to “Control Panel“.
- Select “Programs“ option
- Select “Programs and Features”
- Search and “locate QuickBooks Error 1722“ associated programs and files under the name column.
- Click on the “QuickBooks-associated entry“.
- Select the “Uninstall“ on the top menu ribbon.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the un-installation of your Error 1722associated program.
For Windows XP:
- Press “Start key” and go to “Programs and Features“ menu.
- Go to “Control Panel“ settings
- Select “Programs“ option.
- Click “Add or Remove Programs“.
- Search and locate “QuickBooks Error 1722“ associated programs and files under the Name column.
- Click on the QuickBooks-associated entry.
- Hit the “Remove” button on the right side.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the un-installation of your Error 1722 associated program.
Instructions for Windows 8:
- Take the cursor to the bottom left of the computer screen to click on the “Start Menu“ image.
- Right-Click for the Start “Context Menu“.
- Select “Programs and Features“.
- Search and locate “QuickBooks Error 1722“ associated programs and files under the “Name column“.
- Click on the QuickBooks-associated entry.
- Click on “Uninstall/Change“ on the top menu ribbon.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the un-installation of your “Error 1722“ associated program.
- Reinstall the program according to the Intuit Inc. Instructions post uninstalling your Error 1722 associated program such as QuickBooks.
Method 4: Run windows file checker
You need to perform a windows system file checker: “System File Checker” is a highly useful Windows inbuilt tool as it allows you to scan for corruptions in Windows system files (including those related to run-time errors such as Error 1722).
Ways to run System File Checker (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Press the “Start” button.
- Type “Command” in the search box but don’t press “Enter“ key.
- Press and hold “CTRL and Shift keys“ on your keyboard simultaneously and now hit “ENTER“.
- You will be receiving a permission dialog box.
- Click “Yes“.
- A black box will show up on your screen with a blinking cursor.
- Type “sfc /scannow“ and press “ENTER“ key.
- System File Checker will scan for Error 1722 and other system file problems (this process may take a while).
- Follow the on-screen commands.
See Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 392?
I hope that the above steps are to be followed for OS Windows XP, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. If the QuickBooks system error 1722 still does not resolves, this means that you need to contact the QuickBooks enterprise support team to get immediate help.
You can connect with our representatives at our customer care helpline: i.e. 1(800)880-6389. We will be pleased to help you out in your concerns.
Read More Articles Here: