- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Support
Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6150
QuickBooks is a versatile accounting software that is trusted by millions of business owners across the globe. However, despite it being an innovative software, QuickBooks users at many occasions face errors and glitches. The errors may appear on the screen at any time, for example, while installing the software, updating or upgrading it, or opening a company file. One common error that appears while opening a company file is QuickBooks Error 6150.
This article will discuss the causes and the solutions of QuickBooks error 6150 in detail. In case you need an assistance in regards to this error or any other error, you can contact us at +1800-880-6389.
When do QuickBooks Error 6150 occur?
This error code often appears when users attempt to open a QuickBooks file or work on it. You can retry to open the company file of QuickBooks.
What are the signs of QuickBooks Error 6150?
- Your PC often crashes with error 6150 when you run the same program.
- Error 6150 pops up and causes the active program on window to crash.
- Windows becomes slow.
- Mouse or keyboard commands respond slowly.
- QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006 is appears on the computer screen.
- Your system keeps on freezing for a few seconds at a time.
QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006 messages may appear at the time of program installation during windows start up (or shut down) or during Windows installation while another QuickBooks software is running. Knowing when and where the error appears may be a great help in troubleshooting the problem.
Here’s a screenshot of the actual error:
What triggers QuickBooks Error 6150 and 1006?
A few more error codes that appear along with error 6150 or come under it are 1006, 01004, etc.
The possible causes for 6150-1006 can be one or more of the following.
- QuickBooks related files deleted by mistake or by a malicious program.
- QuickBooks Accounting Software is incomplete or damaged.
- Malware or virus infection caused corruption in Windows system files or QB-related program files.
- Inappropriate, incomplete or damaged QuickBooks Installation.
- You are trying to backup a company file that is corrupt.
- Incorrect QuickBooks Company file extension.
- May be you are trying to open a portable and QuickBooks can’t open that.
Sometimes, this QuickBooks error may appear because the file you may be trying to access is on a damaged platform. Another major reason may be that you are trying to restore data from a corrupted drive.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6150?
- You can change the location of QuickBooks company file.
- Search and find the QBW extension file.
- Go to the folder where company files are stored.
- Copy Company file from the folder and paste that on the desktop.
- Open and restore the existing company file and move it to the desktop.
- Press the control key (keep it pressed), and open QuickBooks so you are guided to No company open window.
- Move on to the below-mentioned solution if the error still exists.
- Open a sample company file.
- See if you receive any issues with the company file.
- If sample company file receives any error at the time of opening, it means the installation has damaged and needs repairing.
- You can use Auto Data Recovery copy.
- Do you know when the error occurred? You can recover a backup from before the error 6150 appeared or simply restore your company file’s Auto Data Recovery copy (if the problem continues).
If you are not able to get rid of QuickBooks Error 6150 on your own, you can contact us. We are ProAccountantAdvisor, a leader in QuickBooks Support service providers. We are equipped with right tools and technology to assist you round the clock. With us, you can rest assure of a quick and precise solution.