- March 17, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Error Codes
As we all know about QuickBooks software that it is an accounting bookkeeping program where all users can maintain and prepare financial reports instantly and automatically. QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H202, H303, or H505 are the most common Error Code & arises when a user tries to attempt to work with company files that are located on another computer and that computer demand extra installation and setup.
Today, through this helpful post we will guide you how a user can get ride off from these error codes. This error occurs at the times when we try to access the company file and few errors in ‘H’ series occurs, this error may caused due to many factors that as stated below.
When these error codes occurs in QuickBooks Desktop, users may get the below given error messages in their desktop screen. (The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.)
Causes of occurring ‘H’ Series Errors as H101, H202, H303 and H505:-
QuickBooks Error Code H303 arises when your company file is located into your computer & required for an additional configuration. The main reason for errors H101, H303, and H505 is that while attempting to access the company file located on multi-users mode and the system need to installation and make their settings correctly.
Various Factors at which ‘H’ series error occurs as:-
- Configuration hosting is completely in a wrong format.
- A firewall gets blocked when communicates in or out.
- .ND files are incorrect or get damaged.
- QB firewall ports were not set as properly.
- DNS settings in a QB application are improper.
- QuickBooks services are not started properly.
- Problem facing in obtaining an IP address of a system.
- All settings of the hosting configuration are incorrect.
- There is a chance that your QB services is failed to run.
How to Troubleshooting QuickBooks ‘H’ Series error codes H101, H202, H303 & H505 as:
To troubleshoot these QuickBooks Error Codes H101, H202, H303, and H505 please follow one of these given solutions:
✔ Solution 1: First need to verify QB Hosting settings
- First of all start QuickBooks accounting software on your computers & configured it by a multiple user.
- Then select the File on both devices such as and then select Utilities -> Stop Hosting Multi User Configuration.
- Turn on hosting on one of the computers by File -> Utilities -> Host Multi User Configuration.
- Restart QuickBooks on both the computers.
✔ Solution 2: Download and use the Network Diagnostic Tool on the host
You can download this tool from here: http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/networking/nettool.aspx
- Download and install and mount the tool.
- Scan the folder your data file is in.
- Click the Scan Folders tab.
- Click the Add Folder button.
- Browse to the folder consisting of the data file.
- Click the Scan Now button.
- Make note of the number of IP addresses and Network Interfaces.
- If the Firewall Status section has the Open Ports switch, click the button to make it possible for those ports for QuickBooks.
Note: If there is no Open Ports button, you could open up the ports manually in the following action.
- Test for data file connectivity
- In the Test connection section, click the Browse switch next to Company File.
- Browse to the location of your information data file and select it.
- Click the Test Connectivity button.
- Make note of the Data Open Status and Advancement Status.
- Try opening your business data file.
If you still see the error, just go for the next following solution.
✔ Solution 3: Change the location of a QuickBooks folder
- Now create a new folder in hosting the computer and share it & set as the Windows Access permissions to share all your company files.
- Now press ctrl+c keys to copy the .qbw file to the new folder.
- Then make a try to open your company files in a multi-user mode.
✔ Solution 4: Try to recreate Firewall settings
- First of all start your computer and then select as Control Panel heading.
- Now go to firewall settings option as located under the Control Panel option.
- Then choose firewall settings and then choose to allow the program through Firewall.
- Click on to add the program and then add ‘QuickBooks 20xx’ into your exception list.
- At the end, restart your computer device to check the changes that you have implement as recently.
✔ Solution 5: Run or Download the QuickBooks File Doctor
- If these ‘H’ series causes in your QB software then make a try to run your QuickBooks File Doctor program on the server to any of your workstation. By running this program it helps to resolve an error as automatically with a multi-user after downloading to any of your workstations.
Hopefully above guidance will resolve your issue related to ‘H’ series as H101, H202, H303, H505 problem. If you are unable to troubleshoot these ‘H’ series Error or facing any other technical problems, there is no need to panic. Our experienced and the customer-oriented QuickBooks Support experts are available all the time to provide you the instant support. Once you access our support, you will surely get guaranteed solution. Dial our toll free number to connect with us +1(800) 880 6389.
The Best Method to resolve QuickBooks Error H303
Resolving H303 Errors instantly by performing the following steps:-
✔ First of all, Open all network ports of a QuickBooks Accounting Software and easy to communicate by configuring the firewall
- Make a connection to the Key Firewall settings.
- Then on a left hand side, select the right click on the Outbound rules, or choose the option as New rule.
- Then choose ports option and then click to the next heading.
- Now select as TCP under the specific local ports dialog box.
- Now click to the next option and then a user needs to choose to allow the connection.
- After this, give a right click to enter a name under the name field for instance, QB ports and then click to the finish option.
- At the end, repeat all steps as described above for inbound rules.
- Now open your QuickBooks software into other multi-user mode.