- Last Updated on:   July 30th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Simple Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
QuickBooks is perhaps the best accounting software available in the market today. For having powerful features, it has become the top choices of big multinational companies, medium businesses and even the smaller ones. This software not only helps companies in handling their accounts but also manage their finances and sales effectively. What is best about this application is that every year, a new version of QuickBooks Desktop is launched with new and improved features.
What is QBW32.exe problem?
Even though QuickBooks has gained immense popularity, at times, users do face certain issues. One of the common technical error faced by users is the qbw32.exe. The QuickBooks software QBW32.exe is basically a file which is connected with the value of payroll and the QuickBooks pro software for the operating system of the windows. This error happens due to a lot of spam email or if users are accessing the infected sites.
The error occurs during the PC start up or program start up or when you are trying to take a print out. Also this error occurs due to when you have downloaded and installed the latest QuickBooks release update.
Through this article we are going to describe you, why this error occurs in your QB and how a user can resolve it by their own.
How to resolve the following messages, which occur when starting QuickBooks:
Error message: Problem – qbw32.exe – The instruction at OX (…) referenced memory at OX (…). The memory could not be read.
Cannot find qbwin32.dll
Cannot find qbw32.exe
Causes of the QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe
These messages can appear for either of the following reasons:
- The file qbwin32.dll is not in the QuickBooks directory.
- The file qbw32.exe may have been moved out of the QuickBooks directory.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error qbw32.exe?
When you click on the QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Company file icon program in most cases QB doesn’t start or it partially respond. A simple way to fix the issue is by restarting the computer. However, you should also know that if you are repeatedly clicking on the QuickBooks icon then it might not respond properly.
Below are the following steps to fix QBW32.exe error:
Solution 1: Close the process of QBW32.exe
- First thing to do is right-click on the taskbar of the “Windows” and then tap on “Start Task Manager“.
- After this click on the “Process button” and then on the “Image name header” so as to arrange the processes alphabetically.
- Once done search and then choose the “QBW32.exe” and after that click on “End Process“.
Solution 2: Suppress the QuickBooks accounting application
- First right click on the “QuickBooks Desktop” icon and then press the “Ctrl key“.
- Now click on “Open function“.
- Ensure that you do not release the “Ctrl key” till the “No open window” of the company is displayed.
- After this access your QuickBooks file
Solution 3: Reboot your computer system
A simple way to fix this error is by rebooting your PC. This will start your system from the scratch. After your PC restarts access QuickBooks application.
Solution 4: Run QBInstall tool
Firstly, Download the QBInstall tool and then run it to fix an array of errors that you may be facing when opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- First download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the file in your PC when it is prompted.
- After this close “All programs” if they are open and then run your “QBInstall Tool“
- Please note that it can take 20 minutes to complete and depends upon the speed of the internet as well as the performance of the computer.
- After running the tool, reboot the system so that all the applications are effectively updated.
Solution 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- When running the repair of the installation of QuickBooks you are actually repairing the corrupted and damaged installation files of the QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 6: Start fresh Installation of the QuickBooks Desktop
- If all the above steps fail then all you need to do is uninstall the program and reinstall it and then run it again.
- A clean installation means that installing all files again in a fresh folder but it is actually a similar default folder. This whole process will not be able to remove or delete the company file in any way.
In case, the problem doesn’t get resolved through the above mentioned steps then our QuickBooks error support services providing team will be always available to help you in this. Experienced and well-trained experts are available 24/7 to fix the errors as well as guide you to avoid them in the near future. Why wait, call us to enjoy the best QuickBooks Support Service.
Few more helpful articles