- Last Updated on:   June 4th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks Payroll Software has emerged as one of the best payroll and accounting software for small and medium businesses. However, often users face the below mentioned error messages while downloading or updating the software.
So, here in this blog i am going to explain the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods to solve these error codes. Generally, error messages 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029, and 12031 occurs when getting updates in QuickBooks Desktop.
Why Error Codes 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029 & 12031 Occurs?
- These errors happen because QuickBooks is not able to use the internet connection on the computer.
- The main reason behind Payroll software not being able to access the internet connection is that the applications installed in the computer affect the QuickBooks Download. This includes antivirus protection, firewalls and many others.
- The errors can also happen due to internet failures.
- This occur when Internet Explorer is not the default web browser or the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) checkbox is not selected in Internet Explorer Option.
Important: “As Intuit report QuickBooks Update Error 12007 or other 12xxx series is usually caused when QuickBooks is not being able to find an IP address for a server. To fix QuickBooks Update Error 12007 you have to make sure that your Internet Explorer is configured properly”
How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors 12xxx?
Solution 1: Test Connectivity and Settings
- First thing is that check if you can access a secure website other than QuickBooks like a sign-page of the financial institution.
- In case access to such a secure website is not happening then seek help from your IT expert.
- Now check the SSL setting.
- After this verify if Internet Explorer is the default browser or not or using any other web browser in its place.
- Review the settings of Internet Explorer.
Solution 2: Review the Internet Explorer (IE) Settings
Your Internet Explorer settings can be also the reason for these errors. Follow the Steps for Restoring the Internet Explorer Settings:
- First of all you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then open Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Tools and the Internet Options
- After this select on the security tab and then tap on the Globe icon and make sure that the security setting for this is no higher than Medium High.
- Then select the Content Tab and ensure that the button for Content Advisor is Enable. If it isn’t then click on the button and provide the password and then disable content advisor.
- After this selection on the Connections Tab option.
Important Steps to Restore Internet Explorer Settings
- Select Never Dial as a Connection if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system.
- If dial-up node (DUN) is used, then ensure that the right ISP is selected. And then click on OK.
- At the bottom of the tab is LAN Settings, Click on it. Make sure that the checkbox for the automatically detect settings is checked.
- Check if Use a Proxy Server is clear and when there is a checkmark in a Use a Proxy Server, then document the address and port it. DO NOT UNCHECK Use a proxy, if the port is something other than port 80. In case it is port 80, uncheck the use a proxy for testing purposes.
- Now Click on the LAN Settings Screen
- Select on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Restore Advanced Settings.
- Check Settings and scroll to find Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Then verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Verify if Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
- Now click on OK to close the Internet Options Windows.
- After this also close Internet Explorer.
- Restart the computer
- And now open QuickBooks and try to update again.
Other Solutions Steps:
- After you are done with restarting the computer then reset the QuickBooks updates and try to download and install the QuickBooks update. Do make sure that the company file is in single-user mode.
- Get Internet Explorer fixed.
- Finally install QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
Hope the above-discussed solutions will help the users to fix QuickBooks Error 12xxx series Error Codes. If users are not able to fix QuickBooks Error Code 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029 and Error 12031 or not good in technical aspects then they can contact our technical support team by dialing toll-free 1(800)880-6389. Our QuickBooks Support is available 24/7 hour of customer service.