- Last Updated on:   Jan 2nd, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks Payroll Software has emerged as one of the best payroll and accounting software for small and medium businesses. However, often users face the below mentioned error messages while downloading or updating the software.
While Working on QuickBooks payroll or while updating payroll, the user might encounter the 12000 series errors. If you are also facing any such error, then stick to this article till the end.
In this article, we will be explaining the possible causes as well as troubleshooting methods to solve these error codes. Generally, these errors occurs when getting updates in QuickBooks desktop or payroll updates.
However, a quick fix for the same can be to get in touch with our QuickBooks online support team via our toll-free number i.e. 1-800-880-6389. Our team will ensure to provide you with the best possible support service.
What is QuickBooks 12000 errors?
Talking about QuickBooks 12XXX windows internet connectivity errors, they are generally reported from the Microsoft Win32 Internet application programming interface. These errors are generally seen, when the user downloads or receives an update.
List of 12000 series error codes
Few common 12XXX series errors are as:
|Error 12002||Error 12001|
|Error Code 12009||Error Code 12007|
|Error 12029||Error 12006|
|Error Code 12164||Error Code 12031|
|Error 12008||Error 12052|
|Error Code 12057||Error Code 12152|
|Error 12157||Error 12165|
|Error Code 12166||Error Code 12173|
QuickBooks error 12001 via 12006
QuickBooks desktop unable to complete this update. Ensure the internet connection is working in a proper manner.
QuickBooks error 12007
This error could be seen when the QuickBooks desktop is unable to find an IP address for a server.
QB error 12008 via 12164
QuickBooks desktop unable to complete the update, as the internet connection can be the issue.
QuickBooks error 12052
It is a non specific error message that indicates a connectivity issue preventing QuickBooks from downloading any kind of updates.
Why QuickBooks error codes 12000 occurs?
- These errors happen because QuickBooks is not able to use the internet connection on the computer.
- The main reason behind Payroll software not being able to access the internet connection is that the applications installed in the computer affect the QuickBooks Download. This includes antivirus protection, firewalls and many others.
- The errors can also happen due to internet failures.
- This occur when Internet Explorer is not the default web browser or the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) checkbox is not selected in Internet Explorer Option.
Important: “As Intuit report QuickBooks Update Error 12007 or other 12000 series is usually caused when QuickBooks is not being able to find an IP address for a server. To fix QuickBooks Update Error 12007 you have to make sure that your Internet Explorer is configured properly”
How to Solve QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors 12000?
In order to get rid of these errors, the user needs to carry out certain methods. Carrying out any of the below stated methods can help the QB users to get rid of the QuickBooks 12000 series errors. The methods to be implemented are as follows:
Solution 1: Test Connectivity and Settings
- First of all, the user is required to check if he/she can access a secure website other than QuickBooks like a sign-page of the financial institution.
- In case access to such a secure website is not happening, then it is recommended to seek help from your IT expert.
- Now check the SSL setting.
- After this verify if Internet Explorer is the default browser or not or using any other web browser in its place.
- Review the settings of Internet Explorer.
Solution 2: Configure the Internet Explorer Settings
- Close your QuickBooks desktop and open Internet explorer browser on your system.
- After that choose Tools and click on Internet Options.
- Now choose Advanced tab.
- After that move your cursor to the Security group and hit a click on that to clear the checkbox for Check for server certificate revocation and Check for publishers’ certificate revocation
- Now close and open the Internet Explorer (IE) browser.
- And then open your QuickBooks desktop.
- Finally try to attempt payroll updates again.
Solution 3: Review the Internet Explorer (IE) Settings
Your Internet Explorer settings can be also the reason for these errors. Follow the Steps for Restoring the Internet Explorer Settings:
- First of all you need to close QuickBooks desktop and then open Internet Explorer browser.
- Click on Tools and the Internet Options.
- After this select on the Security tab and then tap on the Globe icon and make sure that the security setting for this is no higher than medium high.
- Then select the Content Tab and ensure that the button for Content Advisor is Enable. If it isn’t then click on the button and provide the password and then disable content advisor.
- After this selection on the Connections Tab option.
Important Steps to Restore Internet Explorer Settings
- Select Never Dial as a Connection if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system.
- If dial-up node (DUN) is used, then ensure that the right ISP is selected. And then click on OK button.
- At the bottom of the tab is LAN Settings, Click on it. Make sure that the checkbox for the automatically detect settings is checked.
- Check if Use a Proxy Server is clear and when there is a checkmark in a Use a Proxy Server, then document the address and port it. DO NOT UNCHECK Use a proxy, if the port is something other than port 80. In case it is port 80, uncheck the use a proxy for testing purposes.
- Now Click on the LAN Settings Screen:
- Select on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Restore Advanced Settings.
- Check Settings and scroll to find use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options.
- Then verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Verify if Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
- Now click on OK to close the Internet Options.
- After this also close Internet Explorer.
- Restart the computer.
- And now open QuickBooks and try to update again.
Few other troubleshooting methods you can try
- After you are done with restarting the computer then reset the QuickBooks updates and try to download and install the QuickBooks update. Ensure that the company file is in single-user mode.
- Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup.
Implementing the above stated methods can help the QuickBooks users to get rid of QuickBooks 12000 series error codes in no time. If users are not able to resolve error codes 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029 and 12031 then they can contact our technical support team by dialing toll-free 1(800)880-6389.
Our QuickBooks payroll technical support team is available 24/7 hour of customer service. We will be happy to help you!