- Last Updated on:   May 9th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 is just one of the most common payroll error that are mostly caused because of incorrect file setup in the windows operating system. This error can be caused due to Windows and other Windows Compatible program files corruption.
In this blog post, we will try to share everything about the resolution of this QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. However, to save your time and efforts you can take help from our QuickBooks payroll customer support team. Our intuit certified team is highly skilled and have years of experience to handle your bookkeeping issues in no time.
You may see the following error message when error code 30159 occurs.
Possible Causes/Reasons of Error 30159
The QuickBooks error 30159 can cause damage to the data of the company and so it needs to be fixed. The main symptoms of this error are it crashes the program error, the PC often crashes while working on it or the system runs very slowly. Payroll update error 30159 occurs due to several reasons and they are listed below.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks software.
- Corrupted Windows system files due to virus infection.
- Any program related to QuickBooks have been deleted mistakenly.
- QB company file is corrupted or damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 30159
- Error appears and crashes the active program.
- Your PC frequently crashes with this error, when running the same program.
- “Error message 30159” repeatedly displayed on computer screen.
- System perform slowly or sluggishly.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 30159?
Perform the below given solution methods in order to resolve the QuickBooks error code 30159 manually.
Method 1: Restore Your System to an Earlier Point
- Start your computer system and log in as “System Administrator“
- Hit a click on “Start” button, on your keyboard
- After that go to the “All Programs” and click on “Restore” option.
- After this open a new window and select “Restore My Computer” and click on “Next” button.
- Choose the most recent system restore point and again click on “Next” button.
- Once done click on the “Confirmation Window“.
- Now Reboot your computer system once.
- Once the system rebooted successfully, you need to download and install the “QuickBooks File Repair Tool“.
- Click on the “Scan” button, after installing the QuickBooks file repair tool.
- Hit a single click on “Fix Error” button after the scanning is finished.
- Once the “Success” screen prompts, you need to restart your computer system again.
Method 2: Install the Windows Updates
- Firstly, hit on “Start” key, on your keyboard
- After that type “Update” in the search box and then hit on the “Enter” key.
- The system will check for the updates (if there any)
- If you found any updates there just try to install all of them.
- Once the process completes, reboot your computer.
Method 3: Use Windows File Checker
- Login as the “System Administrator” on your computer.
- Hit on the “Windows” or “Start” button, on your keyboard.
- After that Press “Windows + R“ keys together to open the run box.
- Type “cmd” and hit on “Enter” key, on your keyboard.
- A black screen will open on your desktop screen.
- Type “sfc/scannow” and then hit on the “Enter” key.
- This process will take few seconds to complete.
- Once the process is done, follow the screen instructions on your desktop screen to restore the corruptions problem of system files.
Method 4: Adding EIN to your company file
- First of all Login to your QuickBooks as “System Admin“.
- After that hit a click on “Choose Payroll” option.
- Hit a click on “Use my Existing Payrolls Service“.
- A newly window named “Account Maintenance” appears on your desktop screen.
- After that hit a click on “Add file” option.
- Check on the radio button that is labeled as “Add EIN Number“.
Note: If the radio button is disabled, it’s mean that you have already subscribed to “EIN Number” for your company.
- After that click on the “Next” button.
- Check out the information and open your QuickBooks.
QuickBooks error 30159 is not complicated and can be easily fixed. I hope you have successfully troubleshooted this error from your QuickBooks. If any how the problem still persists, then we recommend you to seek assistance from our QuickBooks Online Support team by dialing “1-800-880-6389” and get quick help from the experts. Our certified Proadvisors are capable to handle your all type of issues related to QuickBooks.
Few other helpful resources: