Error Message: Validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable error during QuickBooks desktop activation.
There is no doubt QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the market, but its users sometimes face errors. In most cases people get errors when trying to activate it. Generally, when they enter the validation code they get the error message displayed like Validation Code is incorrect or the service unable during activating on the desktop.
This issue can affect business operation, but it can also be easily solved. If you have any query regarding this, you can reach out to QuickBooks Error Support Number. In this article we will discuss the possible solution to valid code error.
Before performing any of the suggested solutions, check the following:
- Check if QuickBooks is already active
- Verify the license of the QuickBooks software you are using, and you will find it all in the product package.
- For any downloaded product check the confirmation mail from Intuit at the time of purchase.
- In case you have QuickBooks on a CD then check the sticker on the CD Package.
- In case of ProAdvisors visit member support for installation code.
How to Fix Valid Code related Error?
The following are the solutions to fix Valid Code related Error
✔ Solution 1:- Check if the system date and time are correct.
- First close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Then right click on Windows Task bar and then select to adjust time and date.
- Click on the Date and Time Icon and set them.
- Then click on Apply and after that on OK.
- After this open QuickBooks Desktop and the click on Help then Activate QuickBooks followed by Activation.
- And finally enter the Validation Code and then Click on Next.
✔ Solution 2:- Reactivate MSXML
64-bit operating system, activate MSXML with the following commands:
- First thing to do is Type the Start Menu and then cmd and then right click and Run as Administrator.
- At the prompt enter cd\ windows\syswow64
- Enter Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and press Enter.
- Enter Ype regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter
32-bit operating system: Register MSXML with the following command:
- First of all on your keyboard, press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Enter CMD and press Enter key
- Enter Regsvr32 MSXML4.dll and press Enter.
- Also Enter Regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter.
✔ Solution 3:- Resetting of the .ecml file
When QuickBooks Desktop is installed you have to provide the license number as well as product code to complete the process of installation and validate your copy of QuickBooks. At times an encrypted file with all those information may be damaged and it is then QuickBooks will not open and may display the error message. In such situations, removing the entitlement file and then re-entering the license and produce data will help solve the issue.
Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- First thing to do is close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Make sure that all QuickBooks processes are no longer running.
- From the keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and after this the Task Manager opens.
- Go to Windows 10: Click More Details to Show Task Manager.
- After this click on Process tab.
- Then sort the processes alphabetically by clicking on the processor name header.
- For all examples of QBW32.EXE, click Search and End Job.
- Open the Entitlement Data folder for your operating system and version of QuickBooks.
- On the keyboard press Windows + R so as to open the Run window.
- Enter C: \ ProgramData \ Intuit \ Entitlement Client \ v8 (or v6) and then Tap Enter (Folder location is similar for all variants QuickBooks desktops and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise .)
- Right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and choose Delete
- Click yes to confirm that you want to delete the file.
- Lastly open your company file and then follow the instructions to register the application.
✔ Solution 4:- Run QBInstall Tool
In case you are not able to install or open QuickBooks Desktop, then QuickBooks Installation Diagnostics (OBInstall) can help. This tool is designed in such a way that automatically identifies and fixes the problems with .NET Framework, C ++, and MSXML. There is no need or doing any manual steps as the most of the work will be done by the tool saving a lot of your time that would otherwise been used to solve the issue.
✔ Solution 5:- Restore the QuickBooks Desktop
At times when QuickBooks Desktop function gets damaged or any problem cannot be fixed then uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop. After this rename the installation files back and again reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop to your system. This whole process is called clean install clean install.
✔ Solution 6: Create a new Windows administrator
- Sometimes, it is important to try new windows users to eliminate user account damage.
- First of all Select Start and click on Settings.
- Now Select accounts and also click Family and other users.
- Then under Other User, just click Add an additional person to this computer system.
- Below of the web page, click ‘I do not have the sign-in information for this person’.
- At the end of the next page, click Add users without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the name of the new account.
- Now click Finish By default, the new account is established as the standard user.
- After than click on the recently created account as well as click on the account type.
- Click the drop-down menu as well as choose Admin.
- Now click OK.
- Second last after creatung new users, logout from Windows and also signin back as a new user.
- After that Open the QuickBooks desktop and also choose Help > Activate QuickBooks > Start Activation.
Note: (For the Canadian version of QuickBooks, Start Help > Register QuickBooks > Register).
- If these troubleshooting steps fixes your error then make a decision whether to keep or get rid of the new administrative user as well as continue to use the existing one.
We hope that this article helped you to solve the error. If none of the above solutions do not fix the validation code issue then seek help from our QuickBooks Customer Support Helpline Number 1-800-880-6389 [Toll Free].