QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 and 1642 – Fix Installation or Updating HTML Error Status 1603
- Last Updated on: 25-Apr, 2018 |
- Posted by: QB
Solutions to Error 1601, 1603 and 1642 When Installing or Updating QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a futuristic yet simple-to-use accounting software. However, it’s not very uncommon for the users of this efficient software to face some issues. A few problems that business owners may encounter with the software while installing QuickBooks Desktop and/or a product update are:
- Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible
- Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version]
- Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error
- Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework when installing QuickBooks
Here’s a screenshot of the actual error:
- These errors mostly occur when your Microsoft Operating System has an infected file related to it.
- Another major reason that may trigger such errors can be damaged or corrupted files related to your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Any such damaged file can case these errors at the time of installing QuickBooks Desktop.
You can contact us on Error Support Number for QuickBooks 800-880-6389 to get more help and solutions.
How to fix Error 1601, 1603 and 1642 in QuickBooks?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix Error 1601, 1603 and 1642:
✔ Solution 1: Reinstall or Repair MS.NET Framework
Step 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool from the official website.
- Close all the open programs and double-click on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe to run it (this process may take up to 20 minutes to complete.)
- After the completion of diagnostic, restart your computer so that the components are updated appropriately.
Step 2: Update Windows
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard
- In the search bar at the bottom left, type Windows Update
- Choose Check for Updates
✔ Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks for MS Windows
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Press Windows and R keys together to open the Run command.
- Search Control Panel and open it
- Select Programs and Features
- Choose QuickBooks and then Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the prompts to complete uninstalling QuickBooks
Step 2: Rename the Installation folders
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
- Download QuickBooks from the official website of Intuit.
The above-mentioned solutions and the steps are for Microsoft Windows, which is not a part of or related to Intuit. These steps are not simple and errors may occur while troubleshooting the issues or or uninstalling .net framework. We recommend you to perform these steps on your own only if you know have good knowledge of computers. You can also contact us to fix Error 1601, 1603 and 1642 as well as any QuickBooks related issue dial our toll free number 800-880-6389. Our 24*7 Technical Support for QuickBooks team is equipped with all the modern tools and technology and can help you fix even the most complicated issues related to QuickBooks accounting software.
More Articles to Read: