- Last Updated on:   Aug 14th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop 2019, QuickBooks Error Codes
Learn how to resolve data damage on your QuickBooks company file
QuickBooks Data Damage is one of a chief problem that usually appears in software like QuickBooks. However, with some necessary manual troubleshooting steps, this problem can be resolved quickly to retrieve the data file/files. But it’s essential for you to understand the minor setup & arrangements that lead to QuickBooks data damage or company file corruption.
In this tech blog post, we help the users to resolve data damage & data corruption problems with the manual solution best of our knowledge. However, to save your efforts to follow the below given technical steps, you can contact to our QuickBooks enterprise support team at +1-800-880-6389.
Things to remember before proceeding:
- First of all, You need to ensure to run the rebuild and Verify Data Utilities on the same computer system.
- After this, the Rebuild utility will make a backup of that file.
- Now you can save the file anywhere you want.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Company File Data Damages
Mainly there are two steps to resolve this problem. You can take help from your IT professional or contact our QuickBooks error support team in case you get stuck somewhere by following given steps.
Step 1: Run the Rebuild Data Utility
- Go to File menu, choose ‘Utilities > Rebuild Data‘
- Select ‘OK‘ in the backup of the data of QuickBooks company file..
- (There are chances that your computer will show that QuickBooks is not responding. But if the cursor is moving, it means that Rebuild is going on. Let it complete.
- When Rebuild is complete, Select ‘OK‘.
Step 2: Run the Verify Data Utility
- Go to ‘File menu‘ and choose ‘Utilities > Verify Data‘
- Select ‘OK‘ if you get the message ‘QuickBooks detected no problem with your data‘.
- If there is an issue with the data, you will get the prompt ‘Rebuild Now‘ or ‘View Errors‘.
- Now, choose ‘Close‘ and perform the steps below:
Important Note: You can follow the steps below if you find yourself comfortable in reviewing the QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log file. If you are not comfortable you can contact our QuickBooks Customer care helpline at our toll-free number 1(800)880-6389.
- Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
- Go to the ‘Tech Help‘ window if you are working with a support agent. Go to ‘Open File‘ tab, highlight the log file and select ‘Send log files‘ to Intuit Support. This will send the file as well as enable the agent to view the log files.
- Now, check the log file:
- For Mac: Scroll down to the most recent verify information
- For Windows: Search for start verify and locate the most recent file
- In the opened file, you need to search by pressing ‘Ctrl+F keys’ for the start ‘Verify‘.
- Now, find the line which is LVL_ERROR, and look for it in check QuickBooks Learn & Support Site. Also you can see that there is a data damage top LVL errors library.
Data damage troubleshooting for QuickBooks desktop Mac
If you are a QuickBooks Mac user then the below given steps will help you to resolve the data damage issues of QuickBooks:
Re-sorting the lists will help you putting your records back in order. In case you have changed the order of a list, resorting will do the needful.
- Go to ‘Reports menu‘, and select ‘Company & Financial‘ > ‘Balance Sheet Detail‘
- Now, select ‘Options‘, choose ‘Accrual or Cash‘.
- If you find that the total assets do not get equal with the liability and equity in all the reports, then you better determine the transaction which is causing the problem.
- Take a backup of the company file, ‘Delete and re-enter‘ the transaction
After this, compare the Account report totals to the balances on Chart of Accounts:
- Compare the open invoices to accounts receivable balance on the ‘Chart of Accounts‘.
- Compare the total in ‘Unpaid Bills report‘ to the ‘Accounts Payable balance‘ on the ‘Chart of Accounts‘
- Now, backup your company file, delete and re-enter the transactions or you can also modify the transaction.
Check Specific Accounts
There are two specific accounts which include:
- Uncategorized Expenses:
- To balance the transaction, rebuild will put out-of-balance transactions in this account. You may also see voided checks in this account.
- Other than voided checks, you will also find the transactions. Now, again delete and re-enter the transactions.
- Undeposited Funds:
- Go to ‘Activities‘, select ‘Make Deposits’ and then, select all. Make sure that the total amount is equal to the balance shown for ‘Undeposited Funds‘ on ‘Chart of Accounts‘. Also, ensure that there are no deposits showing on the deposit.
Merge the Damaged Accounts/Items/Names
- Go to ‘Lists‘ and select ‘Chart of Accounts‘.
- In the control key, select the account that has been damaged. Click on ‘Edit Account‘.
- Make sure you put an asterisk (*) on the name of account.
- Then, click on ‘Cancel‘.
- While holding the ‘Control Key‘, select any account and click on ‘New Account‘.
- Choose the type and enter the original name of the account having problem.
- Click ‘OK‘.
- Hold the ‘Control key’ and select original account. Choose ‘Edit Account‘.
- Now remove the asterisk and select ‘OK‘.
- Click on ‘YES‘ as this will confirm that you desire to merge the accounts.
- To merge items and names, the same steps will be followed as the ones followed for merging accounts.
Delete Memorized Reports
- Go to ‘Reports menu‘ and click on ‘Report Centerr‘
- Select ‘Reports‘ you want to delete and click on name once.
- Select ‘Red X‘ and click on ‘OK‘ button.
- Go to ‘Lists‘ and choose ‘Memorized transactions‘
- Go to ‘Edit menu‘ and choose ‘Delete memorized transactions‘
- Click on ‘OK‘ and the transactions will be deleted.
We hope that the above-prescribed information is helpful for you to get rid of the QuickBooks company file data damage problems.
In case, you are unable to perform the systematic steps of the solution or you seek expert assistance – dial our QuickBooks data recovery number .i.e. 1(800)880-6389.