- June 24, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Enterprise
Simple Steps to Install and Configure The QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver
QuickBooks accounting software caters for multiple business and accounting needs of a business person. Furthermore, with some add-ons, the robust software can turn out to be magical. This blog is going to educate you about a QuickBooks Enterprise component called ODBC Driver.
QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver
ODBC is an acronym for open database connectivity. This driver enables different applications to communicate and exchange their data with one another. With assistance of ODBC, you can export complete data from your company file to computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Alpha, Crystal Reports, Filemaker, Python, dot net (.Net) and QlikView to create custom reports.
It allows you to make your own reports, invoices, and as an administrator, access QuickBooks data file through third party applications such as crystal report, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
Technical terms that you don’t know:
If you are a user of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions software and having technical glitches on it then no need to fretted if you are not familiar with the technical terms. If you have the QB software application information than you can apply only those measures that can help them to get the ODBC Driver. For help contact QuickBooks Enterprise support team and get real-time solutions. For any assistance get in touch with QuickBooks Enterprise Solution Support team and obtain real-time solutions from highly skilled and knowledgeable professionals.
Install and configure QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver – Advantages
- ODBC Driver enables QB company file created by various custom programs to the new database connectivity.
- These drivers make all database formats to look like each other.
- It enables software such as MS Word to do a customer email merge straight company data file.
- Crystal Pro Report writer can use QuickBooks company data file and create multi-file reports.
- ODBC enables MS Access to merge QuickBooks accounting data along with other data source to generate complex reports, or to run mass file updates based on multiple criteria.
- A Microsoft Office user can use Excel to draw company accounting or invoice details into a chart or a spreadsheet.
Install and configure QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver – Requirements
- Ensure that your system has MS .net framework 4.5.
- ODBC driver for QuickBooks support Microsoft windows 32-bit and 64-bit.
- You should make sure (before installing ODBC driver) that OBCC isn’t installed in your system as these two drivers shouldn’t be installed in your system simultaneously.
Steps to install and configure QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver
We have compiled steps to install and configure the QuickBooks enterprise ODBC driver.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Install and configure QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC Driver
- Run the “Installer Executive” file
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard.
- A warning box will pop up on your screen in case you already have Installation folder in your computer.
- Click “Yes” to overwrite existing files with the new installation. However, we recommend you to completely uninstall the old, existing files and install new files.
- A new page “select component” will appear. Select 64-bit driver version.
- Uncheck the box in front of 64-bit if you don’t need that.
- Check on the box on the following page to select hemp and mutual.
- Select the type of license you require in the license page and activate the product.
- For more details, you can also read articles on Driver Activation during Installation.
- Put in the licence key.
- In case you don’t have the key, select “Trial and use the driver for evolution purpose.
- Click Next > Install > Finish.
Steps to configure QuickBooks Enterprise ODBC driver
- Open QuickBooks Accounting Software.
- Select File Menu.
- Click Utilities and then Set Up ODBC.
- Click General tab.
- Choose option that reads “Use the company file that is now open in QuickBooks.”
- Type in QuickBooks data in Data Source Name.
- Tap on Test Connection to QuickBooks.
Important: You must be logged in as admin to your company file in order to run the run the test connection with ease.
- Select the message tab.
- If enabled, uncheck the Detail Tracin (Slow).
- If disabled, click on the Display Optimizer Status panel checkboxes.
- Discretionary: You can select Display Driver Status panel to know the details of QODBC functioning.
- Select Apply.
Important: If selected, detailed information of QODBC will pop up on a window right above the system tray. This window will consist of information like the number of processed records and live activity in QODBC. You can also get speed assessment through optimized as well as non-optimized data to serve as an indicator if the steps to fix the performance of the software are required.
- Select the Optimizer tab.
- If disabled, check the Use Optimizer Box.
- Click on Start of every query and then click on Apply.
Important: Optimization time may increase or decrease depending on the file size. In general, it takes up to 24 hours. Optimization may take longer if more transaction are made. Data connection with QuickBooks will start performing faster after the process is complete.
- Click OK and exit the ODBC Driver setup.
We hope that this blog post will assist you in installing and configuring OBBC Driver. If you have any query or you need expert support, you can contact us at 1-800-880-6389. We at Pro Accountant Advisor have a team of U.S based Technical Support team of QuickBooks Experts, CPA’s and accounting professionals are equipped with cutting-edge tools and technologies and help you with any QuickBooks related in the least time possible.