- Last Updated on:   June 4th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks
With this advancement of new technologies, all entrepreneurs require to start their business at a very high-level. One of the best thing is to know the importance of QuickBooks accounting software uses and what can you do with the help of this marvelous software.
For any organization it is essential to download or install QuickBooks into your computer/Laptop or a tablet. The very first important information that you need to know the basic steps for downloading and installing your QuickBooks is the minimum system requirements. In this informative article, we have explained the method to install the QuickBooks Desktop.
While installation process, if a user may encounter any hurdle or any technical issue related to this, then at that time, user need to take technical suggestion from QuickBooks Experts. Let’s know how to install QuickBooks Desktop software in any desktop PC.
Important things to remember
Things to understand for Smooth QuickBooks Installation (For Users Only)
Question: Does my machine run the QuickBooks software?
- Verify the QuickBooks System Requirements page for the QuickBooks released year & version.
Question: What to do as I downloaded the QuickBooks file but didn’t open automatically?
- In such situation, go to the hard drive and search for the location where the QuickBooks file saved and start it manually.
Question: Shall I go with the express or custom QuickBooks installation?
- For the beginners, we always suggest the express installation if the network isn’t setup on the system.
- In case, you already a QuickBooks user or QB application installed in the computer then you can go with the custom installation to make sure that old QB file(s) doesn’t get hamper or overwritten.
Question: Is it important to create backup before starting?
- We personally suggest you to create QuickBooks backup company file(s) before starting the QB application.
- We also recommend you to save or store the created .QBB extension file backup in the some external hard drive or device.
Question: Can we merge/amalgamate multiple QuickBooks company file from multiple QB version?
- It’s not possible to merge or combine the QuickBooks company file(s).
QuickBooks Installation (Step-by-Step instructions)
Explaining steps for installing QuickBooks Desktop as described here:
- At first, close all the running programs in the background & on the screen that are opened on the file server in the desktop.
- Go to the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Download’ option for the regional version.
- Choose the “Yes to All” icon.
- Choose the “Next” tab.
- Click on the checkbox beside ‘Agree to License Agreement’ dialogue & later, hit onto the “Next” tab.
- Type-in the License & Product number and then click on the “Next” tab.
- Choose the QuickBooks installation type on the machine.
- Option 1: Express: It enables the installer to make choice for you. In case, you want to select the option manually then skip the step 10.
- Option 2: Custom & Network Options: Choose this if you’ll be using multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on the computer or if you’ll use QuickBooks to share data with other users on a network.
- Choose the any of the right option where you’re using the QB application:
- Option 1: I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer.
- Option 2: I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer, and I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network.
- Option 3: I won’t be using QuickBooks on this computer. I will be storing our company file on this computer so it can be shared over a network.
- Select a new location for the installation or choose the “Next” tab to install in the default directory.
- Choose the “Install” tab and open the QuickBooks.
- Finally, all you have to do is to Activate QuickBooks & you are all set to go.
Hopefully above steps will help you to install QuickBooks Desktop software. If these installing steps are not helping you to Install QuickBooks Software then you can watch this tutorial video recommended by Intuit QuickBooks team.
Hire Intuit Certified ProAdvisors for Help
If you want any help or require any technical assistance? You can take help from us by calling at our QuickBooks help number and feel irked free. Furthermore, our experts have a versatile adept and niche in resolving QuickBooks desktop installation issues at the present time.
Feel free in connecting our technicians that are available for round the clock as 24/7. Ask expert guidance by connecting our experts through our toll-free number .i.e. 1(800)880-6389.