- Last Updated on:   August 20th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks
All that you need to know about performing a clean re-install for QuickBooks Pos for desktop
QuickBooks have emerged as an avant-garde software which has revolutionized accounting, bookkeeping and many other business activities. Today, it is being used by small and medium businesses all over the world as it comes with many perks.
In this blog we will be discussing how to uninstall and then reinstall for QuickBooks Point of Sale desktop as well as how to resolve data file and program problems.
Important tips before performing clean install for QuickBooks POS for Desktop
Before uninstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Take backup of your data file.
- You will require QuickBooks Point of Sale download file or installation CD.
- Ensure that you have license as well as the product number.
- You will need to login as ‘Windows Administrator‘ before you proceed for the next steps.
- And lastly also make sure that the computer you will be using should or can be restarted.
Clean Reinstalling for QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop
At times it becomes necessary to uninstall, reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop. This is done mainly when POS is damaged or just require simple reinstalling. The whole process is called clean install or a clean reinstallation. Before you this you should take backup of your data.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 10.0
- First save all the files you have opened and then exit all the programs.
- Then click on ‘Windows logo’ button and then click on ‘Control Panel‘.
- Now ‘View drop downs‘ and then select ‘icons‘.
- Tap on ‘Programs‘
- Now right-click on ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale‘ and then choose ‘uninstall‘.
- In case a ‘User Account Control’ window is shown on the screen then click on ‘Continue‘ and then proceed with the removal of the program.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete go to ‘Windows Explorer‘ and rename the folder of ‘QuickBooks Point of Sale V10.0‘.
- If you are unable to see any folder then select ‘Tools‘ then select ‘Show Hidden files‘.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 9.0
- Before starting with the process save all file you have opened and the ‘Exit‘ them.
- Then click on the ‘Windows logo‘ button and click on the ‘Control Panel‘
- In the ‘View‘ section use drop down and then select small icons.
- Click on ‘Program or program features‘
- Now right click on the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 9.0‘ and then select ‘uninstall‘.
- In case you see the ‘User Account Control‘ displayed then click on ‘continue‘.
- Now remove the ‘Windows login’
- And finally reboot the system.
How to perform a clean uninstall?
Steps for uninstalling QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop:
- Press ‘Windows + E‘ keys on your keyboard to open the computer window.
- Click on ‘uninstall or change a program‘
- Now simply select the Point of Sale by double clicking and then ‘uninstall‘.
- After this follow the instructions to ‘uninstall POS‘.
Rename of Sale Folders
- First copy the Point of Sale data folder and paste it to the desktop.
- Now rename the ‘User folder‘ as well as ‘user login‘
- Once done reboot the system.
How to Restore the company file?
- First thing to do is open QuickBooks Point of Sale and then create a new company file with your choice of name and then restore the backup created.
- After the file is restored then verify if you can close and reopen Point of Sale without any kind of error and also connect with QuickBooks desktop.
- Now register QuickBooks Point of Sale again.
Process of QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop Installation
- First of you would require to Download QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
- After this go to the location where QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale was save and then click on ‘POS file‘ to run the Point of Sale Installation.
- Now click on ‘Yes‘ and then overwrite the existing extracted files
- After this click on next begin the installation.
- Once done make sure you read the ‘Software License Agreement‘.
- To agree select the ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement‘ and to proceed click on ‘Next‘.
- Now enter your ‘license and product numbers‘
- After which click on ‘Yes‘.
- Finally select the number of computers to be used for POS.
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Connectivity Tool
- Problems that do not allow POS from opening.
- Network connectivity problems
- Not running
- POS 180063: Unable to start the database service
Firewall configuration for QuickBooks Point of Sale
A firewall is basically which is used to prevent the unauthorized access or connectivity network. A firewall in the workstation can block communication between it and QuickBooks POS. When the connectivity is blocked the Desktop POS automatically configures the QuickBooks firewall. In case the firewall is configured manually do check the right sections of the manual that has supplied with firewall program.
I Hope, the above given write-up will be worthy and helpful to you. If you intend to know more assistance and also ideal support from professional experts, feel hassle free to contact QuickBooks support number anytime. In case you want to talk with Intuit certified proadvisors then you can call at QuickBooks technical help number at +1 -800 -880 -6389.
For further queries related to your QuickBooks accounting software then call us or chat with our experts at https://www.proaccountantadvisor.com. We will feel more happy to help you to out in this.
Some other helpful resources: