- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) has to be restarted for the purpose to eliminate the associated error codes. The restarting suppose to perform on the machine that hosts the QB company files. Usually, this machine is the servers.! The QB users receives two options after installing the QuickBooks software, either to install only QBDBSM or the entire QuickBooks Desktop program. In case, you install the full QuickBooks Desktop program – the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) will install & run automatically. But if you choose to install only QB Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) – then, you have to run the other programs manually.
QuickBooks Programs Install on the Server or Host
- Open the QuickBooks on the host or server.
- In the File menu, choose Open or Restore Company.
- Select the “Open a Company File”, followed by Next.
- Search the company file and choose it.
- In the Multi-user Mode, select the Open File and then choose Open.
- Log in to the company file with normal username & password.
- Choose the File => Close the Company or log off to close the company file that’s on the server.
QBDBSM Install on the Server or Host
Follow the steps in consideration if the previous solution didn’t work out.
- Hit the “Start” or “Windows” tab.
- Choose the “Control Panel”.
- Perform double click on the “Administrative Tools”, followed by the double-click on the “Services”.
After this, right click on the required or correct data manager:
- QuickBooksDB28(QuickBooks 2018)
- QuickBooksDB27(QuickBooks 2017)
- QuickBooksDB26(QuickBooks 2016)
QBDBSM doesn’t Work..!
Reboot the server and repeat the above-prescribed steps based on their setup.
In case, the QBDBSM still doesn’t work – follow the steps given below.
1. Repair QuickBooks (Windows 7, 8,8.1 and 10)
- At first, close all the programs that are blocking QuickBooks and restart the computer. Next, create the back up of the company file.
- Select the “Start” or “Windows” button and then, “Control Panel”.
- Note: In Windows 8 and 8.1:-
- Go to the “Start” or “Windows” tab.
- Open the “Search” option.
- Type-in the “Control Panel” in the search box.
- Finally, select the “Control Panel”.
- Select the “Programs and Features” then, “Uninstall a Programs”.
- In the program list, open the QuickBooks and choose the “Uninstall/Change” tab.
- Select the “Continue” icon and then hit the “Next” icon.
- Hit the “Repair” tab and select the “Next” button.
- Wait till the repair done and select “Finish”.
- In the end, restart the computer.
It might be possible that when the repairing is in processing – the user encounter error messages with “File In Use” dialogue. In case such error messages appear, the following steps suppose to be performed:-
Note: Before performing repair steps we request you to create a backup of your important files. In case of you have any queries related to data recovery, or data files repair, you can contact our QuickBooks data recovery support services.
- At first, select the “Ignore” icon (system must be a reboot).
- Hit the “OK” icon.
- It might be possible that you have to choose the “Ignore” icon multiple times. In order to continue the repair process.
- In case, there is no “Ignore” icon..! Hit the “Close” tab and wait until the repair done.
- Later, restart the computer.
2. Use the Clean Install tool to Reinstall the QuickBooks
Being a QuickBooks user, make sure that before uninstalling QB software that you have basic things given below:
- QuickBooks Download File
- QB Installation CD
- License Number
Steps to Uninstall QuickBooks
- Hit the Windows + R to open the Run command.
- In the search box, type in the “Control Panel” and press the “Enter” button.
- Choose the “Programs and Features”. In case, “Control Panel” appears in the “Category” view then, choose the “Uninstall a Program”.
- In the list of programs, select the “QuickBooks” and then “Uninstall/Change”. The QB users suppose to follow the prompt for completing the process.
- In case, there is an existing error in the QB software then, QuickBooks can’t be uninstalled. In such a scenario, the user supposes to seek assistance from the QuickBooks Support team anytime.
Rename the Installation folders
You can either rename the installation folders manually. Or use the QuickBooks Clean install Tool to rename the folder.
Download and Run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Download and save the QB Clean Install.exe file on the desktop.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe is open. The QB users suppose to accept the license agreement and select the accurate QuickBooks version. Then, hit the “Continue” tab.
- When the message appears as “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory”. Hit the “OK” button.
Rename the Installation Folders Manually
Windows Explorer is recommended to display the entire hidden files & to rename all the folder locations. Preferably, users must add the “old” or “damaged” to the end of a folder name. This will not let QuickBooks software recognize the folder for creating a new folder.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
Access Denied while Renaming folders
- After right-clicking on the Windows Task Bar, users must choose Task Manager.
- Then, under the Processes tab, users must select the Image Name column header for sorting the processes in alphabetical order.
- Then, choose QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and select “End Process”.
- Next, users must select “Yes” when this message appears: “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability….”
- Once this done, QuickBooks Desktop must be downloaded and installed.
This problem appears quite frequently in front of the QuickBooks users.! The above-prescribed solution and tips are enough to solve this issue manually. In case, the issue persists – we recommend you to contact the authorized and authentic QuickBooks Enterprise customer Support team of Intuit certified ProAdvisors. For a hassle-free and smooth QuickBooks experience, you can contact us at any time of the clock on their toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389. We will be more happy to help you out in your concerns.