- Last Updated on:   Feb 4th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes
Once a user is logged in to QuickBooks accounting software, QB desktop automatically creates an admin user. At various times, when you are required to utilize other login references by admin, then security-related or other sort of updates will require you to reset your password.
This blog will enlighten you to fix QuickBooks Company File Incorrect Password.
Read Also: How to Recover QuickBooks Password?
Possible Causes Behind to this Problem
There are several reasons which can be rejected owing for different reasons:
- Sometimes, passwords are case sensitive.
- There might be some missing or incorrect accessibility settings.
- Open ‘Control Panel‘ > select ‘Accessibility‘ options and make sure that no box on any of tabs is checked.
- Spaces are also been considered as part of the password.
- Sometimes, when we generate the password, unknowingly, the spaces are recorded while submission of the password.
- Incorrect keyboard Function.
- You can submit in the notepad to check whether your password is properly working.
- The appearance of an incorrect login screen.
- When the login screen appears in some cases without the username on the admin login screen then, you need to reopen it.
The perfect password hacks while creating a password, you are required to make complex password instructions as per it need to have minimum seven characters (consisted of at least one number, letters, special character, and one upper case letter).
Read Also: Use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Company File Incorrect Password
All you need to know about fixing QuickBooks Company file incorrect password and troubleshoot the issue. You can also go with QuickBooks customer service helpline if you want an expert guidance.
Use Password Reset Tool
Password reset tool is an automated tool for the QB Desktop that’s primarily used to reset the QB admin password. If a user forgets the password, this tool comes handy.
User will have to enter 15 digit license number, full name, phone number, and postcode. These details are validated as per the registration information saved in a database. If in case any of information mismatches when a product is registered then it leads to failure of the request.
How to Use an Automated Password Reset tool for QuickBooks Desktop?
Start by selecting the tool depending on the version of desktop you use as per US-version, UK- Version or Canadian Version
Step 1: Find out the version of a desktop
You are required to have knowledge of the product version and then release number and then the select product from the list and learn how to identify the version, release the data and follow some instructions. To know How to check the product version & release of your QuickBooks click on the given here.
For the statement writer: In QB select reports and then QB statement writer, when a program is up, choose ‘Option > help > about, QuickBooks statement writers‘
Merchant service: QuickBooks uses merchant services, thus there is no release or version.
Basic or advanced QuickBooks Payroll: Select “Employees”> “Payroll Centers” and then choose the payroll tab.
For QuickBooks Mac and POS: Choose “Help > product information“. Here entire version release information can be seen.
Step 2: Select QuickBooks Version that was updated formerly to your QuickBooks Company File
- Select version section, type in your license number and other business details during registration of the accounting software and then click on submit.
- Now, accept accepting license agreement and download.
- Type in token number sent in your email and choose the version in the drop-down menu of QuickBooks products.
- Submit new password, confirm and click reset password.
We hope that you find this article informative. In case you have any query or need assistance of an expert, call us at +1 800 880 6389. Our QuickBooks error support team will help you in such type of accounting problems.
Few other helpful links