- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks
All About to Know QuickBooks Condense Data
QuickBooks accounting software is being used all over the world and all because its powerful features. Small and medium businesses have been highly benefited from this software as it helps in business management. Right from accounting, to payroll to sales to inventory, QuickBooks manages it all. But then it encounters problem at times. One such error happens when you try to archive your data and that’s when you QuickBooks Condense repair is supposed to be done. In his article er have discussed about how to resolve Quickbooks condense data errors and problems with QuickBooks Condense Utility tool?
The error message displayed is: ‘QuickBooks Condense Repair’. QuickBooks faced a system error when trying to archive your data file. QuickBooks will not condense your data file. The issues happen during verifying or rebuilding and this directs QB data errors. It is very important to understand the actual nature of the error so as to repair the source transaction. And once the transaction issue is fixed QuickBooks will pop up the message that there aren’t any problems with the data. QuickBooks data files containing negative inventory or negative quantity will not condense. So the first thing to do would be fixing the negative inventory or file before actually condensing the file. You can go through this post to troubleshoot these condense problems or you can take best help from our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Team.
Error Description: Errors occurring during verify or rebuild indicate data errors in QuickBooks Software. Depending on the error, the source transactions need to be repaired. After repairing the damaged or corrupted transactions, running a verify should display the message ‘QuickBooks detected no problems with your data‘ which indicates that your data file is clean.
Condense the QuickBooks Company file : follow these steps:
- First of all Choose the File ->Utilities -> Condense Data command
- Select the transactions before a specific date radio button
- Specify the remove transactions before date
- Click next when you finish specifying which transactions QB should remove
- After that Specify how inventory transactions should be condensed -> click next
- Specify which transactions should be removed -> click next
- Next, Specify any list cleanup that should occur -> click next
- Confirm your condensing and archiving operation
- Click begin condense
- Back up the data file when prompted
Condense Data Utility Error Codes
Following are the QuickBooks Condensing Data error codes
- Freezing of QuickBooks Condense
- Unable to run QuickBooks Clean Up Company Data Utility
- Transaction is on hold as transaction has not been paid.
- Transactions on hold as funds are not deposited.
- QuickBooks software faces a system error while trying to archive data file. QuickBooks will condense the data. This error is unspecified.
- QuickBooks program faced an error and was unable to condense successfully. Your company file has been restored to its old state.
How to Fix QuickBooks Condense Data Error
Get basic data damage troubleshooting is the same for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows and for Mac. These solution steps will help you resolve minor data issues with your company file.
Transactions that condense does not remove
Here are the transactions that QuickBooks Condense doesn’t remove.
- Payroll transaction in case the condense date is before 12/31/2017.
- Payroll transaction if by chance an employee’s W2 is not checked.
- If payments, invoices, refund checks and credit memos aren’t linked correctly with each other.
- All payments that are recorded to Undeposited funds and were not deposited to any bank accounts.
- Incorrect linking of bills, Bill credits, and bill payment checks.
- The estimates that are linked to invoices. Estimates are actually non-posting and they cannot be condensed into journal entries that are posting. It is better these transactions are deleted.
- ‘Pay Sales Tax Screen’ used to pay sales tax. Payment of sales tax with cheques leaves the invoices open. Replacement of cheques with sales tax payments. Ensure that same date and amount are provided as same as of the cheques. You require to reconcile the sales tax payments.
- The transactions are linked to a non-condensable transaction. For example, you enter an invoice for 12/15/2015 then provide payment on 1/15/2016 and then run the condense through 12/31/2015. Actually, the payment is not condensing as it is not within the condense period and the invoice is not condenses as it is linked to a transaction that isn’t condense.
If you aren’t able to fix the error with the simple solutions available, then in all provability the data files may be corrupted. In that case you will need the QuickBooks Data Recovery Support Service. And still if the problem persists then seek help from our QuickBooks Support and Help Number that is 1 800-880-6389.