QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open, Has Stopped Working, or Not Responding
- Last Updated on: 31-May, 2018 |
- Posted by: QB
QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software used all over the world, especially by small and medium businesses. This user-friendly software is great at tracking finances, managing sales and helping with invoices. In fact, QuickBooks Desktop is packed with many features that has enhance productivity of the organizations.
However QuickBooks Desktop often runs down into trouble, after all it is a software. Often users complain that QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or open. Even though this problem can affect the business operation of an organization but it can be easily fixed.
QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t start due to various reasons and they are mentioned below.
- Very long company name
- Corrupted Hard disk
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop
- Missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file
- Out of date operating system
- The software freezes.
- The QuickBooks company file doesn’t open
- Windows runs slowly
- The computer hangs every now and then.
- Computer responds very slowly to mouse and keyboard
Important Note: When you click on QuickBooks icon many times (double clicking repeatedly), it can result in not responding or not working. It is better to wait for a while and give time to launch QuickBooks again. Don’t click too many times to send multiple requests.
Steps to solve this QuickBooks issue
This issue of QuickBooks can be easily solved and below are some of the solution to this problem.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- First thing to do is Right-Click on the Windows taskbar in the system and then select Start Task Manager
- Now click on the Process tab and then click on Image Name header so as to arrange the processes alphabetically.
- Then locate and select EXE.
- Finally click on End Process to close the exe process
Solution 2: Renaming the QBWUSER.ini. file
- Try accessing the folder where ini file is there and if you cannot trace it then enable hidden folders and file.
- Once the folder is found then click on the QBWUSER.ini.file and then select Rename.
- After this type Insert.old in the last file name.
- Now change the name of ecml.file. After renaming the file if QuickBooks works then the issue is solved.
Solution 3: Suppress QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- First right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Press on the CTRL key and then select Open. Hold the Ctrl key till you have opened the No Company Open window.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation if done incorrectly.
- On your keyboard click on Ctrl +Alt + Del
- Now select the Task Manager option
- After this click on the process tab
- Right-Click on any of the QuickBooks processes
- After this click on End Process.
- You will get a confirmation process and in that select end all processes.
- Try restarting QuickBooks again
- Now click on Repair QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Make a new Windows Admin User
- First click on the Control Panel and then navigate through it.
- Double click on the User Account then Manage User and then to Click Add.
- Once done enter the name as well as domain of the administrator and then click
- If using Windows 10 then select Adminstrator.
- After this click on Finish which will direct to the ‘User Accounts’ dialogue box. Now Click OK.
Solution 6: Restart the Desktop
- Open the Start menu in your computer.
- Click on the Power Button and then select Restart.
- Once restart is done open QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 7: Do a clean installation of QuickBooks
Hope this small article help you to resolve this error. If you are looking for further help and QuickBooks Customer Support then contact Pro Accountant Advisor to get instant solution from U.S based best accounting experts, feel free to dial our helpline 1-800-880-6389.
More Helpful Topics: