Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1311
QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software that has helped millions of small and mid-sized business owners meet their goals. Though it’s a robust software, it sometimes receives errors. A common error, which QB users often report, is Error Code 1311 in QuickBooks Desktop that appears either during updating QuickBooks accounting software or while exporting a report from some financial statement designer to MS Excel. Sometimes the installation of the software from CD may cause the error. Thus, in this kind of situations the error shows up on the screen and read as follows:
QuickBooks Error 1311: “Source file not found (name of the file). Check that file exists and that is accessible to you.”
In case of error code 1311, the system may ask you to retry or cancel, and verify before proceeding. If you want to resolve the error, then tap on cancel and then proceed. Another way of resolving this error is to contact the QuickBooks Error Support Helpline and tell them about the occurrence of the error so that they can help you with the possible solution.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1311
The error 1311 is caused while updating or exporting files, some of the possible reasons for this error are:
- Damaged or corrupted Microsoft office.
- The CD from which you might be installing is corrupt.
- Maybe your Microsoft office version is not compatible with QuickBooks software.
Possible Resolution for Resolving the error 1311
Let’s get started with copying the installation files from CD to a hard drive before installation. Some of the possible solutions are as described:
- Start by inserting QuickBooks CD into CD-ROM and verify if installation starts automatically. If it starts automatically then tap ‘QUIT’ to exit.
- Now, right click on the start tap of the Windows and then click ‘EXPLORE.’
- Create a folder in your desktop to copy installation files.
- Browse QuickBooks CD –ROM and do a right click on it to EXPLORE.
- Find QBooks and other third-party folders and then tap on the setup.exe.
- Hold the CTRL key on desktop and press file and folder to copy the files.
- Paste this copied files on the new folder which you created.,
- If the error occurs again, then it is the issue of CD-ROM.
- In this kind of situation, make sure to call the customer care executive so that they can help you to solve the error and you can resume working.
- If there is not any error being occurred at the time of copying, open the NEW FOLDER
- Now double tap on setup.exe to get started with the installation.
Checking Compatibility of Microsoft Office
The Microsoft Office requires to be updated to utilize financial statement designer. Only after this, the report can be exported directly from the QuickBooks to an office. For verifying the compatibility you are required to follow certain steps below:
- Go to control panel and then double tap on the Remove or add programs.
- Now, select Microsoft Office to make the modification.
- The version for the Microsoft Office is required to be 2000 or later.
- If the version is not 2000 or later, then you are required to modify or repair as per the instructions offered to resolve the issue
Restricting Access to CD –ROM
- Click on the Start button on your keyboard and then go to Settings.
- Now, go to the Control Panel and then tap on ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS.
- From administrative tools list select “LOCAL SECURITY POLICY and EXPAND LOCAL POLICY FOLDER”
- Then you can choose the options for security.
- Click on any of the security options as per the version of the Windows installed in your desktop- RESTRICT CD-ROM access to the local users
I hope the problem is now get fixed. Now check the error still appears when you export, update or install files from QuickBooks. If it remains then you can contact our QuickBooks Technical Support team at +1 (800) 880-6389. We are available here for round the clock. We feature advanced tools and technologies and offer the best in class QuickBooks support & help.