- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks Error Code 1321 appears while the permission issue or system occurs due to incapable of the installer to write a file. To fix this QB error code, update the permissions or privileges on the parent file/folder of the file/folder or source enlisted in the error message.
You may get the similar error message on your computer screen:
When installing or updating, you see Error 1321, followed by one of these messages:
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\sdkeventl.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\CfScan.DLL
- Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file at C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR\QBONLI32.DLL
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file 
- The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale X.0\dataimporter.exe
Important Note:The precise file (.dll) path shown in the error message may vary depending upon the way of QB installation. If you select Retry, you may see more than one message and the installation or update may fail.
Possible Causes Behind this Error
- Your antivirus or security software is conflicting or blocking QuickBooks to access.
- Windows permissions for the folder containing the file are set to restrict access.
- The file is damaged.
- In case, the Windows permissions for the folder comprising the file are placed to “restrict access”.
- Due to improper shut-down of the system.
- If the file update procedure is faster than the file copy procedure.
- If the system security software or antivirus or personal firewall is blocking or creating the problem in QuickBooks update installation.
Fixing Error 1321: The installer has Insufficient Privileges to Modify the File
Below we have given 4 troubleshooting method to resolve this error. Follow every step carefully and fix this error code permanently from your QuickBooks.
Solution Number 1: File update process is faster than the file copy process
- Hit onto the “Retry” button to authorize the update to complete.
- If it doesn’t work out, choose the “Cancel” icon appear on the error message.
- Navigate to the “Option” tab.
- Momentarily disable the system security software or antivirus.
- Perform clean re-installation of the QuickBooks software.
Solution 2: Update all the User Insufficient Privileges to Files
The information dialogue box will show the generated error code & message during the QuickBooks installation process. In the following instance, AcrobatConnect.cfg created the error message.
- QB Error 1321.The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg. Action ended 11:21:48: InstallValidate.
- Put the privileges for the folder given in the error message, instance: \Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg
In Windows XP Professional:
Before you get started, see the concealed files/folders situated in the OS & that easy disable the file sharing. See appearing hidden files & folders, simple file sharing on the Microsoft support website.
- Open the “Windows Explorer” tab, go to the parent folder enlisted in the QuickBooks error 1321 message in the log file.
- For illustration, in the path c:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.cfg the parent folder is FlashPlayerTrust. The parent folder could be different as shown in the error message.
- Press right-click on the parent folder & later select the “Properties” tab.
- Go to the “Properties” tab; choose the “Security” icon.
- In “Group” or “User Names” tabs, choose the “Administrators” tab.
In Windows XP Home:
- Turn-off the machine, wait for 5 seconds, and then again turn-on the system.
- As soon as the “Windows” logo display on the screen, tap on the “F8” key. By implementing the arrows keys, choose the “Safe Mode with Networking” & press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- In the Windows XP Professional, pursue the directions to update user privileges. Restart the machine before reinstalling the QuickBooks software.
- In the “Group” or “User Names” tab, choose the “System” icon. Then, in the ‘Permissions for System’ tab, ensure that the ‘Full Control’ icon is set to ‘Allow’ icon.
- In the “Security” tab, click on the “Advanced” tab.
- In the “Advanced Security Settings” window, confirm that you’re on the “Permissions” tab.
- Choose the “Replace Permission Entries on All Child Objects with Entries Shown Here That Apply To Child Objects” and later click on the “OK” icon.
- Click on the “OK” icon to shut-down the “Properties” display.
- Turn the simple file sharing back on & then reinstall the Adobe product.
Editing the Windows Permissions on the Folder
After following the above steps follow these quick steps:
- Press the Windows button with R key (Windows + R) at the same time to open the Run box On your keyboard.
- After that give the path for the folder containing the QuickBooks program files in the Open field.
- Now press the Enter key.
For QuickBooks Pro and Premier ( 32-bit versions of Windows 7 or Vista)
Go to => C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2013
C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2012
C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010
For Enterprise Solutions:
C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 13.0
C:\Program Files\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 12.0
For QuickBooks Pro and Premier (64-bit Version of Windows 7 or Vista)
Go to => C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2013
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2012
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 2010
For Enterprise Solutions:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solutions 14.0
- In the new window, select View and then click on Customize this folder.
- Now click the Security tab in the Properties window,
- Now Click Administrators On the Security tab,
- After that Choose Allow checkbox next to Full Control option.
- Next action is to choose the SYSTEM user On the Security tab.
- And then choose Allow checkbox next to Full Control.
- Finally Click onOK to close the Properties window.
- Install QuickBooks.
You can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise technical support team anytime if there is any issue persists.
Solution 3: Temporarily turn off antivirus software and reinstall or update
- Temporarily disable your antivirus or any other security software that is installed in your system.
- Once all the security software are disabled or turned off, just install the QuickBooks software or find out any latest release update.
- If there is any update available, download and install it.
- Finally reactive your antivirus or other security software.
Solution 4: Download the QBInstall Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Click on the Run button.
- This tool will automatically search for the problem. Once the tool found the errors, you can fix them all by click on fix now button.
I believe that we have covered all the major point to remember, here in this informative technical blog post. However, if you still suffer through any discrepancy associated with this error or any other issue – you can contact QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1-800-880-6389. Our experts are readily available 24/7 to help you.