- Last Updated on:   July 26th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks accounting solution has emerged as a boon for small and medium businesses. This software has changed the way accounting and bookkeeping is done. Today, organization are able to manage their accounting, sales and finances with ease and as it saves a lot of time, they can focus on other aspects of their business.
Why Does the QuickBooks 15218 Error Occur?
Even though QuickBooks is an avantgarde software, users do face malfunctions and errors. One of the most common issue faced is QuickBooks error 15218. This type of errors comes in QuickBooks Error 15xxx Series Error. Generally this error code 15218 happens when users try to update their QuickBooks software.
Below are some of the factors that causes this error:
- Wrong configuration of the web browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- The .ND file is corrupted or damaged.
- Problems created by the system firewall.
- QBCF monitor service problems.
QuickBooks is unarguably one of the best accounting software available but they do have some technical error at times. It is the latest upgrades or updates which help in solving the problems and bugs of the previous versions of QuickBooks. So, a simple way to fix technical errors is by updating the software.
However, if the problem persists then follow the below mentioned solutions to get the error fixed.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15218?
In case, you face the QuickBooks error code 15218, then you should first update the QuickBooks software to the latest version that is available and also check for windows update notifications. However, when you are updating, do ensure that you are logged into the system as the Administrator. However, if the problem is not fixed then try out the below mentioned steps.
Solution 1: Configuring Internet Explorer in the system
- First thing to do is log into the computer as the Administrator.
- Now right-click on the ‘Internet Explorer‘ to open it.
- At the top of the web browser in the right hand corner go to the internet option.
- Now you have to add the below mentioned websites in the ‘Trusted Site‘ Options.
- Now start your computer once again.
Solution 2: Clean Install QuickBooks Software
- First log in to the system as the Administrator.
- Now open the ‘Run‘ Command Windows in your computer by clicking on ‘Ctrl+R‘ from your keyboard.
- After this in the search area ‘appwiz.cpl‘
- Now choose the ‘OK‘ option.
- Click on the ‘Windows key along with R‘ on your keyboard
- After that, select the ‘QuickBooks 20xx CD‘ in the ‘CD drive‘ and then install the software again.
- Once done, run the clean install tool and then ‘reboot‘ the computer.
These two solutions can easily fix the QB 15218 error. But if the problem doesn’t get solved then seek help from the QuickBooks Payroll support team to get a quick and effective solution. Dial our toll free number today 1(800)880-6389. We will feel more happy to help you out in this.
You May also like: