- Last Updated on:   April 12th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks Error 15241 generally occurs when a user try to download or update the payroll services. The another reason for occurring this error might be as – if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. In this blog I am going to discuss about the QuickBooks error 15241 and it’s troubleshooting methods. However, you can make an immediate call at 1(800)880-6389 to speak with our QuickBooks error support team to solve this error.
When this error occurs you receive the following message:
Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
QuickBooks is designed to serve the requirements of millions of small businesses. These needs are maintained by tools and the processes suitable for a wide variety of companies. Rather Intuit identified that each organization is unique, your copy of QuickBooks can be customized in ways which make it work best for you.
You can just open and start adding transactions and records. But we ask you to do some setup first. In case if you don’t, then you have to run some issues later, like finding some features you didn’t turn on, for example or that QuickBooks is just not performing some things the way you do or want QuickBooks to do for you. It’s good to know that you have to change many of such.
How to Establish preference in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Just go to Edit menu and then select Preferences tab.
- After clicking of preferences please choose Reports and Graphs located on the left side.
- Now, choose any of the one like My Preferences or Company Preferences option.
For My Preferences
- Ensure to modify report option and check before opening a report.
- Then every time you create a report the modify report window will open automatically.
- After refresh, set graph and report preferences to confirm.
- Ask me to refresh- When report is refresh a prompt message will display on the screen which shows that the graph or graph has to be refreshed.
- Automatic refresh- Whenever you have to make any changes in the report QuickBooks Desktop automatically refreshes it.
Important Note: This is slowest of the 3 mentioned options. In case, if you are working with a graph or report in a multi-user mode then you have to face a long interruption and if other users are making changes to QuickBooks Desktop data then there is high chance cause QB to refresh the graph/report.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 15241?
- QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. This service is very important for the function of QB application and payroll service.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
Below we have discussed the steps to repair QuickBooks Error 15241, classified by the Windows version you use-
For Windows 8/7/Vista and Windows 10 Users:
If you use Windows 8, 7, Vista, or 10 then follow these steps:
- First of all close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press Windows Start button from your keyboard and then right-click on Computer.
- Choose Manage tab.
For Windows 10 Users: Click on the Search button located on the task-bar and then search for Computer. Right-click on this PC and then choose Manage tab.
- Click on Services and then select Applications, from the left pane
- Double click on Services, in the right pane
- Perform a double-click operation on Intuit QuickBooks FSC.
- Click on Startup type drop-down option.
- Select Manual in the startup window.
- Select Apply.
- Choose the Start option and then select OK.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop once more.
- Download QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Finally, Update latest payroll tax tables.
For Windows XP Users:
If you use Windows XP then implement the steps mentioned below-
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Desktop, do a right-click on My Computer and then select Manage. Here the computer management screen will Open.
- Hover to the Services and Applications tab and then select Services. Now the Services window will open.
- Scroll-down and then double-click on Intuit QuickBooks FSC service. The Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window will open.
- Click on General tab after then select Startup type drop-down list and select Manual.
- Click on OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Download the updates of QuickBooks Desktop product.
- Update Payroll tax tables
- Hover to Employees and then click on Get Payroll Updates.
- Select Download entire payroll update.
- Select Update tab.
- When the download process will it will display a message, “A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer“.
- Click on OK to read about the changes which will be displayed on your screen.
I hope you found this blog helpful. However, if the error code 15241 is still disturbing you then you can get in touch with QuickBooks payroll customer service team by dialing 1(800)880-6389. Our certified ProAdvisor team is always here to assist you in right manner.
You may also like: