- Last Updated on:   Mar 24th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
In the recent times, QuickBooks users have reported a plenty of the errors, one of which is QuickBooks error 15241. This error generally occurs when a user try to download or update the payroll services. Another reason for occurring this error might be as – if the QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. QuickBooks payroll update error code 15241 can be very much annoying for the QuickBooks users to tackle.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15203?
What is QuickBooks Update Error 15241?
QuickBooks error code 15241 comes up with an error message being popped up on the screen stating:
Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
There can be multiple factors leading to this payroll error. It can be caused due to damaged Microsoft Windows Installer or due to damaged QuickBooks desktop installation. The error code 15241 creates a difficulty in QuickBooks payroll function, and is usually seen when the user installs or updates the payroll. There are a plenty of facts related to this error, which will be discussed later in this post.
How to Establish preference in QuickBooks Desktop?
- Just go to ‘Edit menu‘ and then select ‘Preferences‘ tab.
- After clicking of preferences please choose ‘Reports‘ and ‘Graphs located‘ on the left side.
- Now, choose any of the one like ‘My Preferences’ or ‘Company Preferences‘ option.
For My Preferences
- Ensure to ‘modify report option‘ and check before opening a report.
- Then every time you create a report the modify report window will open automatically.
- After refresh, set graph and ‘report preferences‘ to confirm.
- Ask me to refresh- When report is refresh a prompt message will display on the screen which shows that the graph or graph has to be refreshed.
- Automatic refresh- Whenever you have to make any changes in the report QuickBooks Desktop automatically refreshes it.
Important Note: This is slowest of the 3 mentioned options. In case, if you are working with a graph or report in a multi-user mode then you have to face a long interruption and if other users are making changes to QuickBooks Desktop data then there is high chance cause QB to refresh the graph/report.
What Causes QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241?
- QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled. This service is very important for the function of QB application and payroll service.
- The downloaded file got corrupted somehow.
- Or if the QuickBooks installation was not done properly.
- The same error could be seen, in case the windows registry files got corrupted due to the installation of QuickBooks.
- Trojan attack can be one such reason.
- In case some QuickBooks related essentials files got deleted somehow.
- The error code 15241 can also be detected, if the anti-virus program is blocking access for the updated file.
You may also like: Resolve QuickBooks error code 557
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 15241
- Error 15241 shows up and the program window crashes.
- Windows run sluggishly and responds slowly to the keyboard and mouse inputs.
- The user will receive an update notification in QuickBooks Payroll.
- Unable to install the payroll update.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15241?
Below we have discussed the steps to repair QuickBooks Error 15241, classified by the Windows version you use-
For Windows 8/7/Vista and Windows 10 Users:
If you use Windows 8, 7, Vista, or 10 then follow these steps:
- The initial step is to close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then tap on ‘Windows Start‘ button from your keyboard and then right-click on Computer.
- After that the user is supposed to select ‘Manage‘ tab.
For Windows 10 Users: Click on the Search button located on the task-bar and then search for Computer. Right-click on this PC and then choose Manage tab.
- Followed by clicking on ‘Services‘ and then select ‘Applications‘, from the left pane
- The next step is to click on ‘Services‘, in the right pane.
- Perform a double-click operation on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC‘.
- Click on Startup type drop-down option.
- Select ‘Manual‘ in the startup window.
- Select ‘Apply‘ button.
- Choose the Start option and then select ‘OK button’.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop once more.
- Download QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- Finally, ‘Update latest payroll tax tables‘.
For Windows XP Users:
If you use Windows XP then implement the steps mentioned below-
- The very first step is to Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then, from the Desktop, do a right-click on ‘My Computer‘ and then select ‘Manage‘. Here the computer management screen will ‘Open‘.
- Hover to the Services and Applications tab and then select ‘Services‘. Now the Services window will open.
- Scroll-down and then double-click on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC‘ service. The Intuit ‘QuickBooks FCS‘ Properties window will open.
- Click on ‘General tab‘ after then select ‘Startup‘ type drop-down list and select ‘Manual‘ option.
- After that, the user needs to click on ‘OK‘ button.
- Followed by opening QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Download the updates of QuickBooks Desktop product.
- Update Payroll tax tables
- Hover to Employees and then click on Get ‘Payroll Updates‘.
- Select Download entire payroll update.
- Select ‘Update‘ tab.
- When the download process will it will display a message, “A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer“.
- And end the process by clicking on ‘OK‘ to read about the changes which will be displayed on your screen.
The Bottom Line!
I hope you found this blog helpful. However, if the QuickBooks error code 15241 is still disturbing you then you can get in touch with QuickBooks payroll customer service team by dialing 1(800)880-6389. Our certified ProAdvisor team is always here to assist you in right manner. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime, our team will surely fix the error for you.
You may also like: