QuickBooks Error 1904 – Failed to Register While Installing [Fixed]
- Last Updated on: 05-Apr, 2018 |
- Posted by: QB
In QuickBooks software, this error is quiet common when users are installing QB files. Also it arises due to the system and all files and folders are not maintained as instantly. Error 1904 indicates ‘Failed to register’ file path/ name/ extension. The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Possible causes of Error 1904
What possible reasons does this error found while working on QuickBooks accounting software?
- It causes due to when your company files get damaged or corrupted in a sudden manner. It is quite possible that the settings of the file are incorrect.
- Sometimes, this 1904 QuickBooks Error could be caused due to having several multiple issues and you might receive messages mentioning specific files such as qbprefs.dll, qbupdate.exe & many more. This problem is usually caused when the file or a folder is damaged the MS Visual C++.
- After upgrading the operating system from one version to another, you might receive this error as it is possible that you have not rebooted your computer system after upgrading.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1904
In order to fix QuickBooks log in error 1904, we have provided the necessary solution.
- ✔ Step 1: Firstly, click on the Ignore button displayed on the error message box, proceed with the installation and ensure that the installation process gets completed. When the installation process is completed, no need to open your QB application program.
- ✔ Step 2: Then it requires to reboot your computer system as normal mode.
- ✔ Step 3: After restarting your system either PC or a Laptop, you might find you’re your QB installation process is not completed yet. You must download and install the QB Installation tool that helps you better to work smoothly.
- ✔ Step 4: Once you have downloaded and installed the QB Install Tool, you must restart your computer again.
- ✔ Step 5: After your computer is restarted, go & ready to do reinstall the QuickBooks.
- ✔ Step 6: If tool is also not working, try to use another tool which is named as Component Repair Tool. Then perform the reinstall of your QuickBooks.
- ✔ Step 7: If the above tool failed to work, create a local administrator user account on your PC Windows operating system and then perform the reinstall QuickBooks software process.
Hopefully this error is no more exists in your QuickBooks now. If find problems anywhere, then you can ask your doubts to QuickBooks Error Support Helpline Number +1-800-880-6389.
An Automated Troubleshooting method that provides you instant help
- Make a restart the PC/Laptop.
- Then download this (Error 1904 QuickBooks) as for a repair utility.
- Press the tab that is labeled as to fix the Repair button when the scanning is complete.
- At last, install the program. Then click on the Scan button.
Manual Steps that describes the whole fixation of QB’s error 1904 ‘failed to register’.
- First do the restart your computer and after that your restoration is finished.
- Start the computer device and try to log on to run as administrator.
- Now click on the next button as mentioned into the confirmation window.
- Then select or click it as ‘All Programs’, Accessories including System Tools, and finally, a user need to choose the Restoration process and click on the Start key button.
- Then select as the latest system to restore all your data point that is appears in the given list, click to restore the point list and then press to the next key button.
- Now select the restore option into my computer to an earlier time option or in as new window and then proceed to next button.
Follow the above methods that explain the ‘error code 1904- failed to register’. This blog help all QuickBooks users to resolve your issue in a specific time. If want any technical help, Connect us at toll-free, QuickBooks Helpdesk Number avails 24/7.