- February 26, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Support
Business owners across the world trust QuickBooks for their accounting and bookkeeping tasks. A robust accounting software, QuickBooks has tools and features that are user-friendly and can be handled and operated by without much training. Though it’s a state of the art software, but like any other software, it isn’t completely void of errors.
QuickBooks Users may, at times, come across a few errors that could disrupt their workflow. One common issue that users often report is QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -77. If you too have come across this error while accessing the “company file,” you can’t read on this blog post to find all the possible reason and solutions of this error.
Related Article:How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000.
What causes QuickBooks Error -6000, -77?
One or more of the following reasons may cause QB Error -6000, -77:
- The company file is stored on external storage instead of being in the local drive or a network.
- A folder where the company file is saved has “Incorrect folder permission”.
- A mapped drive is referred to for opening the company file.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -77
Solution 1- Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Firstly, You need to Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your computer.
Solution 2- Rename both the files as “.ND” &. “TLG” Files
- Open the folder that has the company file stored.
- Locate files with the same name of a company file with these two extensions as “.ND” and “.TLG”
- Select “.ND/.TLG” file, do a right click and click rename.
- Add the word “.old” after adding an extension and press Enter key.
Solution 3- Configure firewall and security software settings.
- Configure the “Firewall port settings” to automatic.
- Manually configure exceptions for all firewall ports.
- Either install an “Anti-virus” defender or appropriately configure it.
Solution 4- Remake the damaged folder
- Create a new folder on the C:\ drive
- Open the folder that has the company file data saved
- Locate the “.qbw” file
- Right click on the .qbw file and select “Copy”
- Create a new folder (do a right click and select new>folder)
- Paste the .qbw file in the new folder
- Create an “access” with windows permissions so that the company file will be shareable by the and queries can be solved.
- Open QuickBooks file from the new file location.
We hope that this blog post helps you in fixing the QuickBooks Error-6000,-77. Though the error is complicated, above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are dependable and have been tried by any users and experts. In case QuickBooks -6000 Series Errors or you face any other issue while opening company file or performing any other action, you can contact our QuickBooks support team at +1 800 880 6389. For setting up your company and QuickBooks training get online with QuickBooks certified ProAdvisors today!