- February 26, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes
Whenever the file is stored in the incorrect folder, QuickBooks Error -6000 -77 occurs. Now-a-days the accounting standards and the accounting software have transformed the way people used to manage their businesses. Now as both cloud and basis are available, the growth of the businesses has been triggered and helps them take their functions to the next level. When it is hit with errors, it shows up pop-up messages and stops users from working.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Quick Methods to fix Error -6000 -77:
- Close QuickBooks, right click on QuickBooks Desktop and click on ‘Run as Administrator’
- If the files are on an external drive, then copy the company file.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000.
Possible Causes and Corresponding Conclusions:
- Improper folder permission for the folder that hold the file inside.
- Company file should be placed on the local drive which is located on an external storage device.
- Number of files opened with reference to the mapped drive on QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks is being run in multi-user mode while communicating the problem.
Reaction: All this results in QuickBooks file becoming corrupt or damage.
Note: When one restarts the system, the issue is resolved most of the time.
Fixing QuickBooks Error -6000 -77:
Below are some solutions that you can follow to resolve this error:
Solution 1: Re-create damage folder by this step
- Create a new folder in drive C of your computer.
- Open that folder in the place where company old file is saved.
- Find .qbw file. Like- company_file.qbw.
- Copy .qbw file
- Open new folder and paste the file there.
- Set window on Access permission to share company files.
- After that open QB Desktop and open the file from a new place.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Firstly, You need to Download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your computer.
Solution 3: Rename .ND and .TLG files:
Rewrite the extensions of .ND and .TLG which help to configure files allowing QuickBooks Desktop to access company files in multi-user mode. Errors can be caused while opening QuickBooks Desktop if harm .ND and .TLG files are there. If you rename these files, then there will be no data loss while opening or scanning the company file using QuickBooks database server manager. They are reproduced automatically.
- Go to Computer > Choose the folder and open in which your company file is located.
- Default Location would be: C: \ Users \ Public \ Public Documents \ Intuition \ QuickBooks \ Company Files
- Find the files with the same file name as your company file, but they should be with the extension .ND and .TLG. eg: company_file.qbw.ND, company_file.qbw.TLG
- Right-click select .nd / .tlg file and rename. To link the word “.old” in last of file extension and press enter. Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.old
Do you have any account using QuickBooks software and has faced QuickBooks error 6000 while dealing with this software? And was it affecting the productivity of the accounts of your business that you resolved it as soon as possible? If your answer to both of these questions is positive, then take steps to correct this error so that you can work seamlessly.
Solution 4: Configure your firewall and security software
- Configure the “Firewall port settings” to automatic.
- Manually configure exceptions for all firewall ports.
- Either install an “Anti-virus” defender or appropriately configure it.
Solution 5: Try UNC Path Instead of the Mapped Drive
- Right-click on QuickBooks icon, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and select Run as Administrator. Hold down the Ctrl key till the No Company Open window appears.
Note: When you will hold down the Ctrl key, it will prevent QuickBooks Desktop from auto-opening a company files.
- From the File menu, select Open or Restore Company > Open a company file > Next.
- In the left pane, click Network, and navigate to the location of your company file.
Note: If you can’t find the folder where the company file is saved, you may need to set folder permissions.
- Select the company file and click Open.
Some Other Helpful Tips to solve this error:
- Get more permission and reboot the QuickBooks software. Most of the times, error removes as one restarts the system and thus, no further work is required.
- Run a QuickBooks file doctor. It will repair the damaged QuickBooks files.
- Shift the company file to local drive if it is stored on an external storage device. Open QBW file in QuickBooks and check if error still occurs.
We hope that this blog post helps you in fixing the QuickBooks Error-6000, -77. Though the error is complicated, above-mentioned troubleshooting steps are dependable and have been tried by any users and experts. In case QuickBooks -6000 Series Errors or you face any other issue while opening company file or performing any other action, you can contact our QuickBooks support team anytime at +1 800 880 6389. For setting up your company and QuickBooks training get online with QuickBooks certified ProAdvisors today!
More Helpful Topics