- Last Updated on:   Feb 4th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Customer Service, QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks Error -6000,-82 or -6000, -106 occur when the user tries to open or access a company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
You may receive these errors when opening or creating a company file in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Error -6000, -82
- Error -6000, -106
Note: If you are trying to resolve these errors, ensure that QuickBooks is updated to the latest released version. In addition to this, also download, install and run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool on your system. You also have an option to get in touch with QuickBooks Experts or QuickBooks Proadvisor or look for QuickBooks Error Support for any type of problems resolution .
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106
You have to perform the following solutions in the order shown for best results:
STEP 1: Delete all the empty space before the company file extension and after the company name
- Log out QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the folder where company files are saved
- Rename the Company File
- Find the name of the file, and clear all the empty spaces between the company name and file extension.
- Now, open or create a company file
- If you cannot resolve the problem through Step 1, then you can proceed to the Step 2.
STEP 2: Turn off hosting with all the computers with QuickBooks installed:
For Single User: Turning off hosting mode disables multi-user access
- Click on Utilities in the File menu and click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- As you do this, a message will pop up on the screen. Click on Yes.
- A Message appears on the screen when the company file has to be closed. Click ‘Yes’.
Note: If this error occurs, this means that more than one computer have been set up incorrectly to host multi-user access.
- This error message will be displayed on each and every computer with incorrect hosting settings
- In the No Company Open Window, Select File and then click on Utilities.
- Confirm that the menu option of host multi-user access is being displayed. Here, note that more than one client computers can display menu options and prevent hosting multi-user access.
- After this, choose the option of Stop Hosting Multi-user access on any client computer; display the Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
- Follow the steps to stop hosting
- Open the problem file and ensure that the log-in window appears.
- If the problem still persists, follow Step 3.
STEP 3: Move to Hosting Local and Remote File Mode:
- To open the detail of the window, click F2 in QuickBooks
- Set the hosting to local files only. (Check this at the bottom of the window under the section of local server information.)
- Select File Menu and change it to multi-user mode.
- Open the Company files. If you are seeking more details, then you can look for QuickBooks in-product Help. You can also set up multi-user mode for QuickBooks Desktop resource page.
- To check the product detail tab, open the company file and press F2.
- Now again confirm that the hosting is set to local files only.
- If the problem persists, follow Step 4.
Point to Note: If you are trying to provide consistent access to company file to the QuickBooks users, then you shall leave the computer that is hosting multi-user access, and the users who set up the QuickBooks should be logged in. However, you are not required to open the QuickBooks.
STEP 4: Restart the Client Computer
After restarting the computer, you will observe that all the system settings will be brought from scratch and all the current settings and state of the software will be eliminated.
STEP 5: Use the standard data troubleshooting solution to resolve this error
While troubleshooting, there are chances that a damage is caused to your company file data. In that case, you can follow the steps given on our website to resolve all the data damage issues.
After following all these steps, if you still need any kind of assistance, then you can contact our QuickBooks Support team on our helpline number 1-800-880-6389 toll free.