All that You Need to Know About the QuickBooks Error Code 6160
QuickBooks is known as the most recommended accounting software. Right from small to medium businesses, everybody depends on this software not only because it has amazing features but also because it is very easy to use. However, users do face technical errors while using it because after all it is just a software. One of the very common error faced by users is the QuickBooks error code 6160.
What is QuickBooks Error 6160
Generally QuickBooks Error 6160 occurs in QuickBooks Premier Solutions. This error not only hampers work but also cripples the overall operation of the system. When this error occurs the system freezes for few seconds or minutes, or gets completely crashed. Users also face lock up or deterioration of performance. It is a run-time error which falls under the category of installation error. It happens when you may try to install any QuickBooks related software in your system.
Possible Causes of Error 6160
Below are few of the causes of this technical error
- There are too many OLE control add ons in your web browser.
- Invalid OS configuration in your system.
- When the shortcuts are disabled.
- When the dependency system service is not enabled.
- No authorization to turn on the software or any other hardware equipment.
How to solve the QuickBooks error code 6160
To fix the QuickBooks error 6160 follow the below mentioned steps
- First thing to do is close QuickBooks which is running in your system.
- On the keyboard click on the Windows button and also press E at the same to in order to open computer window on your screen.
- Now click on Uninstall or change program option.
- Once you have selected your QuickBooks software click on uninstall or change.
- You will be directed to the QuickBooks installation window.
- Now select the Next option and then click on the Repair radio button. You will find the repair button at the bottom of the screen.
- After this click on Finish.
- The installation is not repaired. So, you have to reboot the system when you get a dialogue box that will ask you to restart the system.
Note: Do note that the hosting is turned off if you have stored the company file locally as well as have only used this system.
- Now Open QuickBooks file
- Click on Utilities and select Stop Hosting Multi-user access from your QuickBooks File Menu.
- In case you receive a message which says stop hosting multi-user access then select Yes.
The solutions that are discussed above are mainly to repair the QuickBooks solution and they are all recommended by the experts. It is very important to fix your software and if you cannot then QuickBooks customer support is always there to help. The experts technicians are available 24/7 who can fix the error within a very short span of time as well as provide tips and tricks to avoid such errors later. Contact us at 1(800)880-6389 and you can get the errors solved through a phone call or through remote access.