QuickBooks is a high-tech accounting software but it’s not entirely free from errors. QuickBooks Error 80070057 is one of the most common errors that the users come across. When this error happens, the system will display a message that says “80070057: the parameter is incorrect”.
Error Status: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect, or You do not have sufficient permissions
This error generally occurs when users try to open company file. It happens when the user isn’t allowed to delete the files from the folder. In order to keep from receiving this error code, a user should have read and right as well as create and delete rights to open company file.
If you are a victim of this error. Don’t worry, our experts team is here to help you. Follow this helpful blog instructions given by accounting experts and fix it by yourself. If you need immediate help the get help from QuickBooks Enterprise Supportteam. Dial Toll-free helpline 1-800-880-6389.
Know Reasons why this QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 Occurs?
QuickBooks Error Code 80070057 may occur for the following reasons:
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file because of changed company file extension.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation.
- Incorrect QuickBooks type such as .qbm, .qbb, .qbxfor Windows file extension.
- Use of a third party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are trying to access a portable file before opening QuickBooks software.
- You are working on a company file that is storedin USB flash drive.
- When QuickBooks accounting software identifies the damage in your company file during the installation of QuickBooks.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202 – Multi-User Switching Error
How to Fix this QuickBooks Error 80070057 Code
Simply, Follow the below mentioned steps to fix this issue:
✔ Solution 1: Authenticate the company file name extension
- Select the company file and go to properties.
- Select the QuickBooks tab.
- Enter the file extension in the Filename field and version of the QuickBooks software in the last opened with a file.
- Click OK.
Change the File Extension
- Right click on the screen and create a new folder.
- Copy and paste the company file into a new folder.
- Rename the new folder.
- Now change the file extension to .qbm
- Save the changes.
- Open QuickBooks to restore the Portable.
- Rename the extension to .qbb if you encounter any issue in opening QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If you are unable to open the file, rename the extension to .qbx
- Open QuickBooks Convert to an Accounting copy.
Copy the company file from its current location and paste it into a different folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the “File”, Right-click and choose the New Folder.
- Copy “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it into a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again and open a new folder.
✔ Solution 2: QuickBooks Desktop clean installation
- Do a clean install during Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
✔ Solution 3: In case of Converting files from Mac to Windows
- Go to Windows function and use the Back-Up option to convert QuickBooks from Mac to Microsoft Windows.
Related Article: Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error: General Troubleshooting Steps
✔ Solution 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor from the official website of Intuit and run it.
✔ Solution 5: Configure BitDefender in order to give permission to QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Go to the BitDefender 10.0 main menu
- Select Antivirus.
- Select Custom Level.
- Click to Exclude path from the scan.
- Choose the New item
- Select the mapped drive or UNC path to look through the company file such as “Q:\”
The solutions mentioned above should fix the QuickBooks Error Code 80070057. In case the issue is still unresolved you can contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Number +1(800)880-6389 to get assistance from our QuickBooks experts. We have the right tools and technology to offer you instant solutions of even the most complicated QuickBooks errors and issues. We are available round the clock and provide you with the best services that you deserve.
Related Article: How to Fix QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505 Codes