- Last Updated on:   Mar 19th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks is an innovative bookkeeping and accounting software that millions of business owners across the world find useful. It allows them to handle some of the most complicated tasks such as tracking daily transactions, managing expenses, invoicing customers and tax filing. But, despite being a robust software it sometimes receives errors.
Today, through this blog I am going to discuss on one of the most common error code that is reported by many QB users in the community.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
QuickBooks Error 80070057 is a run-time error that generally appears when you try to open a company file. This error is usually associated with the communication issues with the QB Company file over the network on different machine (Server or Host).
QuickBooks Error 80070057 simply means that you do not have the adequate permissions to delete/eliminate the QB files in the specified folder. You can use/open/access the QuickBooks application in the multi-user environment if you have access to read/ write and have the authority to delete/create QuickBooks Company files stored in a specific folder.
When this error occurs, the system displays an error message that says:
80070057: the parameter is incorrect
Error Status: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect, or You do not have sufficient permissions
If you want to resolve this error by yourself, follow the below given instructions that are provided by industries best accounting professionals. Furthermore, you can also take quick assistance from our QuickBooks enterprise experts anytime by dialing toll-free 1-800-880-6389.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 80070057?
Here are some of the potential reasons due to QB Error 80070057 occur:-
- Damage Network Data (.ND) file(s): Network Data (.ND) files are the configuration files that stores relevant information/details of QuickBooks Company Files accessibility in the multi-user mode. It enables the programs & other applications to identify the database server that it will utilize. This generally happens that when the users try to move or delete the .ND files on the host or server machine, then file turn to an unreadable file. Hence, it leads to the Error Code 80070057.
- Improper Firewall & Internet Security Setting: Sometimes, System Security applications and Firewall configuring incorrectly or improperly that tends to distort the communication path between QuickBooks Desktop & QB Database Server. In this scenario, the chances of experiencing QB Error code 80070057 elevate a lot.
- This error code can also be arises when the QB user tries a direct attempt to open/access the QB company file via shared folder. This generally happens because only server or the host computer have the permission to access or open the QB server files.
- The antivirus used is BitDefender, which blocks uncommon ports when there is data traffic between the computers. QuickBooks Desktop 2018, 2017 and 2016 which uses the database service running on the host computer. This database service communicates through the ports 56728(2018), 56727(2017) and 56726(2016) respectively. Bit defender blocks these ports by the default manner.
Some Other Possible Causes of QB Error 80070057
- QuickBooks is unable to read your company file because of changed company file extension.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software.
- Incorrect QuickBooks extension such as .qbm, .qbb, .qbxfor Windows file extension.
- Use of a third party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks.
- You are trying to access a portable company file before opening QB software.
How to Correct QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Check out these 5 Possible fixes for QuickBooks Error 80070057 through the below given info-graphic. You can skip this part and follow below given steps if you want to see the in-depth troubleshooting steps for this error.
Follow below possible methods to fix the QuickBooks error code 80070057:-
Solution 1: Edit or Delete the .nd File
- At first, jump to a new copy of the Network Data (.nd) configuration files in the QuickBooks Company folder.
- Ensure that all the users are logged out/sign out, and then shutdown the QuickBooks application on the entire machines.
- Login as the system administrator and then go the QB company file folder.
- Find the .nd extension file that associated with the QB company file that’s have the issues.
- If you will be successful to find the desired file then, either rename it or delete it. This action will tends to automatic creation of the file itself in both the scenario.
Solution 2: Rescan your File using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Note: This step is only applicable if you are using the company file over the network. We recommend you to perform this process on your server
- In the file hosting system or server, open/access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Later, re-scan the entire QB company file folder.
- Now Go to the windows “Taskbar” tab, enter the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” and then choose the “Open” icon.
- In case, you notice that QB company file are already listed:-
- Select the “Scan” option.
- Hit onto the “Add Folder” tab.
- Go to the folder location, select the desired folder and press the “OK” button. Later, hit onto the “Scan” option.
- The scan process will reconfigure the ‘QuickBooks File Sharing Permission’. Thus, it enable all the computers to access the permission which tends to report error associated with the firewall & Internet Security Settings.
- Try to open the QuickBooks software on both the host computer & the system showing QB error code 80070057.
Solution 3: Reconfigure the BitDefender
- Firstly, Go to the ‘BitDefender 10.0’ menu, select the “Antivirus” option.
- Choose the “Custom level” icon => “Exclude path from scan” option.
- Select the “New item” tab.
- Choose the “mapped drive” or “UNC path” feature. Both of them use to browse the QB Company files .i.e. “Q:\”
You may also read: Ways to solve QuickBooks error code 1335
Solution 4: Download, Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- To resolve this error you can take help of the QuickBooks File Doctor (QFD) tool.
- You just need to download and install this tool to your PC first and then run it.
- This tool will automatically detect all the damaged or corrupted files and repair them.
Solution 5: Authenticate the company file name Extension
- First of all, you need to Select the Company file and right click on it.
- After that select the Properties option.
- Click on QuickBooks tab.
- Now Enter the file extension in the Filename field and version of the QuickBooks software in the last opened with a file.
- Finally click on OK button.
Step 1: Change the File Extension
- Right click on the screen and choose create a new folder.
- Copy and paste the Company file into a new folder.
- Now give a right click on the folder and choose Rename option.
- Rename the file extension to .qbm and click on Save to made changes.
- Open QuickBooks to restore the Portable company file.
- Rename the extension to .qbb if you encounter any issue in opening QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks desktop and Restore the Backup.
- If you are unable to open the file, rename the extension to .qbx
- Finally, Open QB Convert to an accounting copy.
Step 2: Copy the company file from its current location and paste it into a different folder in Flash drive
- Open the Windows Explorer and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the “File”, Right-click and choose the New Folder.
- Copy “Companyfile.QBW” from Flash drive and paste it into a new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop again and open a new folder.
Solution 6: Perform a Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- Perform a clean install during Uninstall and reinstall QB Desktop.
Solution 7: Converting Files from Mac to Windows
- Go to Windows function and use the Back-Up option to convert QuickBooks from Mac to Microsoft Windows.
Use the steps shown above to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057..! If you need immediate help & support for the QB problems – you can get in touch with our QuickBooks support helpline number i.e. +1-800-880-6389. We are available round the clock and provide you with the best services that you need.
You may also like: