- Last Updated on:   July 6th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Data Recovery
While using the accounting software, QuickBooks, an error usually pops up while updating QuickBooks or installing any program. As the error occurs, a pop-up appears on the screen which says, “error writing to file (file name)”. At this moment, ensure that you have the access to the directory.
You can also contact our QuickBooks data recovery support team at our helpline number +1(800)880-6389 but we would first like you to try to manually resolve the error and contact us when the same does not resolve the issue.
Causes of QuickBooks Error C=1304
There are three major reasons for this error to occur, which are as follows:
- Problem with the CD Drive
- Might be the CD is damaged or the CD driver is not functioning properly.
- May be the Microsoft .net components are damaged.
Error Code C=1304 Analysis
QuickBooks Error C=1304 can occur because of the issues with the CD or the CD drive. There are changes that when CD or CD drive is damaged or may be when the .Net component is damaged, the error has occurred. The problem can be fixed by copying the installation folders from CD to hard drive. Now, install QuickBooks from files copied from CD to hard drive. This would aid in resolving the error.
Possible Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304
There are 3 troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Error c=1304. You can follow these steps in sequence as they are given below.
Method 1: Use the Installation CD to Replace Installation Files
- Replace installation files from CD to hard drive
- Put QuickBooks CD into CD drive. Quit as soon as you notice that the installation has stared automatically
- In the hard drive, create a new folder to paste the files there:
- Choose Desktop on the left pane of window, In Windows Vista, Click Organize and click on New Folder,
- New folder will appear, rename it to QuickBooks
- In left pane, right click the QuickBooks CD and click on Explore
- In right pane, find QuickBooks, other third party folders, and setup.exe file.
- Press and hold Ctrl key and choose folders and file
- On the highlighted folder, right click and choose Copy
- Now, come back to QuickBooks folder, right click on folder and click on Paste
- Now, from the folders, you copied, install QuickBooks
- Open the QuickBooks folder where you have copied the files
- On the setup.exe file, double click to start Installation process
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions and complete installation
Method 2: Advanced Computer User Solution (To restore it manually)
- Login as the system administrator
- Click start button. Select All Programs > System tools >Accessories, and the click System Restore settings
- Now, select “Restore my computer to an earlier mature” button, in the growth window
- Reorganize Reduction from “On the list, click a modernize reduction list” and then, click Next
- Restart the computer as soon as the restoration is complete
Method 3: Scan the Computer
You can use re-image repair tool to scan, repair and detect the system errors such as 1304 error of QuickBooks:
- Download Reimage Repair Tool
- Now, navigate the file location and double click on it. Installation will start. User Account Control (UAC) will prompt if you non-existence to control the program, click Yes to continue.
- There will be a welcome screen, do not tick mark the check box in order to allow the repair tool let scan. After this, click install to start the installation.
- Reimage will install itself. Make sure that the internet connection is not broken.
- A preliminary scan will also begin
- Once the scan is complete, you will know the damaged areas of PC and would be able to repair. Click ‘Start Repair’ button in the bottom right corner.
- Now, restart the computer when the repair process is complete.
In case, you still face any error, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks Error Support team at +1(800)880-6389 which is available round the clock to resolve your errors and ensure that your work is streamlined.
Some other recommended topics