- Last Updated on:   May 15th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes
It is quite evident that QuickBooks is the foremost & premium accounting online payroll management software used in millions of business entities of the wide range of size, all around the world. This famous software is much more renowned for its advantageous benefits such as generating the invoice, payroll, scheduling payments, accounting & bookkeeping. In this article, we will let you know the complete insight of the QuickBooks error Code 12031 and it’s causes.
It happens that time-to-time being a QuickBooks user, you will face error codes related to QuickBooks installation, updates, integration, or data recovery. Well, by applying the apt solution for these errors – you can solve these QuickBooks error code immediately.
Below we are going to discuss more on QuickBooks Update Error 12031 to ensure that you can resolve this issue swiftly by yourself.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12031
The QB Update Error 12031 usually occurs when the QB users try an attempt to refresh the QuickBooks software or while refreshing the QuickBooks payroll services. This frustrating and dire QuickBooks error caused when the network timeout, it put the QB users in hassle while operating the QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Update Error 12031 generally happens while the firewall & other system security software are highlighted in trouble due to the improper or incorrect configuration.
Important Note: It is highly recommended that being a QB user – you first need to verify the configuration of the PC as well firewall. If in case, the configuration is blocking the access or identifying the QuickBooks as a threat to the computer. The QB users supposed to reconfigure it as soon as possible.
Causes Behind to QuickBooks Error 12031
Check out the list of causes due to which QuickBooks Update Error 12031 occurs.
- Internet Connectivity Problem.
- When the Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
- The antivirus (security software) & firewall setting is blocking the path of connection due to the incorrect/improper configuration.
- The SSL setting is improper or incorrect.
Solution for QuickBooks Error 12031
Check out the list of methods with which you can easily fix the QuickBooks error code 12031.
- First of all you need to Hit a click on the Help tab
- Then Select the Internet Connection Setup.
- Now Select the “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”.
- Select the “Next” and then, “Done” button
- Try the update process again:
- QuickBooks 2008 & later: Go to “Help” => “Update QuickBooks” => “Update Now”.
- QuickBooks 2006 & earlier: Go to “File” => “Update QuickBooks” => “Update Now”.
- Select the “Update Now” tab
- Choose the “Reset Update” Later, select the “Get Updates” tab.
- Probably, the QB program still not works. In that case, you just have to simply check the following elements:
- Internet connection & troubleshooting instruction for payroll errors.
- Internet security & firewall setting.
- In the QuickBooks, open the “Internet Connection Setup” option
- Choose the “Internet Properties”.
- Choose the “Advanced” tab in the drop-down option of Internet properties.
- Make sure that the advanced setting is same as you want.
- Finally, hit the “Apply” and “OK” button.
- Close or shutdown the QuickBooks application.
- Choose the Internet Explorer browser.
- Select the “Tools” and then, choose the “Internet Options”.
- Choose the “Security” tab => “Globe” icon => “Content” tab
Note: Ensure that the content advisor says Enable.
- If the content advisor says “Disable“, then type in the password & disable “content advisor“.
- Perform the following steps by choosing the “Connections” tab:
- While not using the dial-up-node (DUN) on the system – it is recommended for you to choose the “Never Dial a Connection option” tab.
- Ensure that the correct “ISP” is selected.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Choose the “LAN SETTINGS” tab at the bottom.
- Ensure that the “automatically detect setting” box is checked.
- Make sure that the “Use a Proxy Server” box is clear.
- Click “OK” on the “LAN settings display“
- Select the “Advanced” tab
- Choose the “Restore Advanced Settings”
- In the “Settings” option, locate the “Use TLS 1.0”, “Use TLS 1.1” & “Use TLS 1.2” option
- Ensure that the “Use TLS 1.0” is checked.
- Ensure that the “Use TLS 1.1” & “Use TLS 1.2” is unchecked.
- Close or shut down the Internet Options window and then, select the “OK” tab
- Close the Internet Explorer & Restart the computer.
- Hit the QuickBooks software icon the desktop and turn it on. Once again try to update the QB to verify if the error still persists or not.
Get Instant help and Support for Error 12031
We understand the situation when the QB users face such error code while using the QuickBooks software. To deliver the best solution to the QuickBooks issues such as QB installation, QB updates, QB integration, QB data recovery, and QB errors – we suggest you take help from our certified professionals of QuickBooks. We, Pro Accountant Advisor provide QuickBooks technical support services globally…!! In case of emergency or quick support for the QuickBooks, you can get in touch with us at their toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1(800)880-6389.
You May Also Like