- Last Updated on:   Jan 31st, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, QuickBooks Error Codes
Intuit QuickBooks is the most lovable and famous accounting software that has been used by the global leaders. It comprises numerous features which keeps the businessmen’s away from the stress and tension of maintaining their business accounts. According to the survey of QuickBooks software, it has been seen that some frequent common QuickBooks errors occur due to the same reason.
In this post today we are going to discuss about one of the frequent error (QuickBooks Error Code 12157) that occurs in QuickBooks due to many reasons. Know all the possible causes with quick troubleshooting steps to overcome from this error.
Common Internet Connectivity Errors
Due to the internet connective few error codes usually appears. It might be possible that there are no specific warning messages or simply just show any of the error code given below:
- QuickBooks Error Code 12045
- QuickBooks Error 12157
- QB Error 12038
- QB Error Code 12037
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 12157
- You can have a comprehensive selection of framework conflicts, PC registry errors, and Active X problems
- Some Firewall program restricted setups and Internet safety applications.
- Many QuickBooks software variations released on the same year on the very same computer system such as: QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016 as well as QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 16.0.
- Conditional firewall software settings and web protection applications, Specific Internet or Protection apps could appear while updating the desktop computer software of QuickBooks.
Solution of QuickBooks Error Code 12157
Check out the following methods to remove the error codes given above. However, if you are looking for quick help to resolve QB errors contact QuickBooks Error Support team.
Method 1: Verify the date and time in the computer
- First of all, You need to Perform a right-click on the clock in the bottom right corner of the computer.
- Next, Choose the Adjust Date/Time.
- After that Select the Change date and time and then, enter the today’s date & time.
- Next, Hit the OK key.
- Now Close & reopen the QB Desktop.
- Finally, update the QuickBooks Desktop software.
Method 2: Verify the Internet Connection Settings
- First of all, Test the secure internet connection by opening the web page of the Chase banking.
- You won’t be allowed to update the QuickBooks, if you are unable to open the Chase banking. It is recommended for you to contact the Internet Service Provider (ISP) for support and Help.
- If you are able to see the Chase banking page, you can proceed with the steps given below.
- Select the Help => Internet Connection Setup.
- Next, Choose the Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet, & select the Next.
- Now Select the Advanced Connection Settings.
- Next, In the Advanced tab, select the Restore Advanced Settings
- After that Choose OK then Done.
- Lastly Update your QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 3: Internet Security or Personal firewall Application Configuration
Make sure that the internet security & personal firewall settings are configured accurately. The Port 80 & 443 must be enabled and access must be provided to the following files:
Place the specific firewall ports according to the version of the QuickBooks Desktop:
Note: It might be possible that all the ports mentioned above are used for some of the other purposes. In that scenario, a fallback port 56719 would prefer to use for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Get technical help to resort QuickBooks errors
We understand the technical issues through which a QB user goes. That’s why Pro Accountant Advisor provides expert and professional QuickBooks Help & Support for the entire issues related to QuickBooks software such as QuickBooks Integration, Updates, QuickBooks Data Loss, and QuickBooks related Errors & Issues.
For quick and better QuickBooks Support, you can contact the team of certified QuickBooks experts at +1(800)880-6389. However, Our Intuit Certified QuickBooks experts are well experienced, polite, and professional so do not hesitate to make a call on our QuickBooks Helpline Number.
More helpful articles