- Last Updated on:   July 30th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks is an innovative accounting software that has helped millions of users attain their business goals. An incomplete, damaged or corrupt QuickBooks Installation file or .NET framework, however, may cause error 1334 or other similar error that may keep QB users from working on it.
In this post we will discuss about QuickBooks Error 1334 and explain you all about this error.
Here are the errors messages that you may receive upon occurrence of this error:
- Error 1334. Error writing to file [file name]. Verify that you have access to that directory.
- Error 1334. The file cannot be installed. Insert the QuickBooks CD and retry.
When does QuickBooks Error 1334 occur?
The error may show up at following occasions:
- While starting Windows.
- Shutting down windows.
- During QuickBooks installation.
- Anytime when QuickBooks is running.
Here’s a screenshot of the actual error:
Early Signs of QuickBooks Error 1334
Here are some of the most common symptoms of QB Error Code 1334:
- Your computer keeps freezing periodically.
- Operating system (Windows) runs slow.
- Operating system (Windows) responds slow to keyboard and mouse inputs.
- An error message pops up and crashes the screen.
- Your computer crashes often with Error 1334.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1334
One or more of the following issues can cause QuickBooks Error 1334:
- Malicious software such as Virus, Malware, etc.
- Corrupt Windows registry due to a recent QuickBooks-related software change.
- Windows files or QuickBooks software related files are corrupt.
- A QuickBooks related file has been deleted.
- Incomplete or damaged QuickBooks installation.
- Corrupt or damaged QuickBooks software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1334?
QuickBooks issues should be fixed immediately as sometimes they may be irreversible. Here are some of the most credible solutions to QuickBooks Error 1334:
If the error Appears while Opening or Launching QuickBooks
- Search and open QuickBooks Company file.
- Locate file ‘extension .qbw’.
- Double-click the company ‘.qbw file‘.
Solution 1: Clean Installation of MS Windows
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Windows erases all the saved data from computer’s hard drive and your system will be starting afresh.
- You can rather clean install windows to clean out all the junk and unnecessary log files accumulated on your system over the time from web surfing and other usage.
Solution 2: Add or Remove Program
- Firstlt Press Windows key and type ‘MSConfig‘ in the ‘Search programs and files‘ box.
- Choose the ‘Boot tab‘.
- Select ‘Safe Boot’ and then ‘Network‘.
- Click ‘Ok‘ and select ‘Restart‘.
- Allow your system to start in ‘Safe Mode‘.
- The programs you choose to run will start up.
- This process will allow you the opportunity to open and run QuickBooks software without any obstruction.
- Open ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘.
- Go to ‘Help‘.
- Choose Update QuickBooks, and allow QB to run the required updates.
- Go back to start menu, type ‘MSConfig‘ and deselect ‘Safe Mode‘.
- Now, restart your computer for the changes to take place.
- After your system reboots in normal mode, open QuickBooks and install updated that pop up.
- Allow to Updates to take place and it should ‘fix QuickBooks Error 1334‘.
Solution 3: Manually Resolve Error 1334
In case the above solutions don’t work, you can also try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Login as Administrator to your computer.
- Select “Accessories and Programs” > “System Tools” > “Restore”.
- Choose “Restore my PC with an earlier date” and click ‘Next‘.
- Choose a restoration point list and click “Next“.
- Select “Next” again, select most recent system restore date within the in the verification screen.
- Restart your computer after the repair.
In most cases, the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps should be able to assist you fix QuickBooks Error 1334. In case the Error 1334 still persists, you can call our 24*7 QuickBooks Support Number .i.e. +1 800 880 6389.
With cutting-edge tools and technology, we will fix this error as well as any other QuickBooks related issues in least time possible.
Articles you may also like