- Last Updated on:   Jun 11th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Are you troubling with Error 15215 in your QuickBooks Desktop when downloading payroll updates? Well, this is a typical error code that majorly occurs at the time of updating the payroll & maintenance release. Also it can caused due to the limitation where it access and the server gets failed to respond.
While downloading the QB payroll updates, you will see the following warning error message:
Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature.
This error may put some of the restriction to the access to the server that leads to low or no response. The most important thing is that a QB user should consider is – software updates & upgrades after regular interval of time. If you need any help or you have any query – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks payroll support team anytime to save your time and efforts. In this post, we are discussing how a user can resolve this QuickBooks error code 15215 and what are the causes and symptoms behind to this error.
The Image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 15215
Checkout the potential signs that indicate that QB software suffering from Error 15215:-
- When the QB error code 15215 occurs – it crashes all the active programs & applications.
- System gets corrupted while running the same program simultaneously.
- “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature” message is displays.
- Slow & sluggish performance of the windows.
- System responds leisurely on the mouse & keyboard input.
- Computer ‘freezes’ after fix time span.
What Causes QuickBooks Update Error 15215?
This error may caused due to an incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE). To protect your computer and its contents, QuickBooks attempts to verify the digital signature on all files that are downloaded through the program. If it is unable to verify the digital signature of a file that you are trying to download, this error will occur. Looks like it’s a conflict in the system.
Here are some of the potential reasons that drag the QuickBooks desktop to this error code:-
- Improper QuickBooks installation.
- If the QuickBooks payroll file(s) or Windows system get corrupted due to Malware or virus or any other infection.
- In case, the QuickBooks file(s) deleted due to deleterious activities in the system or mistakenly.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer has incorrect configuration.
- One of the most important reasons is an another application is running in the background while the update is occurring is interfering with the method.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Update Error 15215
Error 15215 is normally triggered by a conflict with another application running in the background when you attempt to download and install a payroll update. The application might be a program that requires a lot of bandwidth, avoiding QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from creating a connection to the web server.
Below we are going to provide you step by step instruction to solve this error. However, you can contact to support team to resolve your problem instantly.
Method 1: Reboot the System
At first, you have to restart the computer. Due to this, the application that protect the QB Payroll force to shut-down or prompt to reset its setting in order to remove the blocked connection by reconfiguration.
Restart the desktop and if the problem resolve but the error code appear after regular intervals…! In such scenario, you must see and confirm that no program is running on the system. If it does then it could be a reason of this error. To fix this issue once and for all, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
See this also: How to fix login problems with QuickBooks on chrome?
Method 2: Run QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator
Running QuickBooks as a Windows Administrator enables the QB application to take authority over every possible windows application. It also let the QuickBooks to take the necessary resources in order to run properly.
- At first, confirm that the QuickBooks application is close.
- Hit onto the “Desktop” icon.
- Choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- In case, it redirects you to a dialogue “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?” then select the “Yes” icon.
Method 3: Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked, and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in the Internet Options window of Internet Explorer
- Shut-down the ‘QuickBooks’ application.
- Access/open the “Internet Explorer” browser.
- Now Go to the “Tools” icon => “Internet Option” tab.
- Hit onto the “Advanced” tab.
- In the “Advanced Settings” tab, search for the option ‘Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2’. (Note: You may not find these options in your Internet Explorer version)
- Later, check if the Use TLS 1.0 is marked.
- Confirm that the Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
- Hit onto the “OK” icon to close the windows.
- Shut-down the Internet Explorer.
- Reboot the system once you restarted or reopen the QuickBooks.
- Finally, try to download the QuickBooks update again.
Method 4: Restart the Windows in Selective Startup
If the error pertains, verify the system for running programs and applications that probably conflicted with QuickBooks payroll update download, example CA Security Center, which has been identified as the cause of conflicts with the QuickBooks software:
- At first, turn-off the QuickBooks application.
- In the computer, open the ‘Run’ windows:-
- For Windows XP: Click on the “Start” icon => “Run” icon.
- For Windows 7 & Vista: Click on the “Start” icon => “All Program” tab => “Accessories” tab => “Run” tab.
- Windows 8 & 10: Press the “Windows” + “R” key simultaneously on the keyboard.
- In the “Run” field, type-in the msconfig and click on the “OK” icon.
- It will open the “System Configuration Utility” window.
- In the current page, choose the ‘Selective Startup’ & clear the ‘Load Startup’ item checkbox.
- Hit the “OK” icon to save the modifications.
- As per the instruction now restart the system.
- Once you restarted or reopen the QuickBooks, latest updated tax table.
- In case, you are enabled to successfully download the update, simply follow steps 1 to 4 to get back to the “System Configuration Utility”
- Choose the “Normal Startup” tab.
- Now, Hit onto the “OK”
- Finally, restart the system or machine again.
- This action makes sure that the system functions in a normal working environment. However, If there are items you want to be removed permanently, you might need to go to the Microsoft website and search for how to clean boot Windows.
- If you were able to successfully download the update by clearing your Startup items, this indicates that one or more of the programs in your Startup items are conflicting with downloading the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll update.
We hope that this technical blog would be helpful for you to resolve the QuickBooks Update Error Code 15215. But, in any case, you encounter the same error or any other problem associated with the QuickBooks – you can instantly contact to our QuickBooks error support experts at our toll-free number i.e. 1800-880-6389.
We regularly post our technical blogs and articles related to QB software errors to deliver the best solution to our clients.
Read More Helpful Articles