- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
How Should you Resolve QuickBooks Error 15222
Over the past few years, QuickBooks has become one of the best accounting software available today. In fact, it has changed the way accounting is done thus bringing a lot of benefits for its users. In fact, many small and medium business have been benefited from QuickBooks.
However, as it is a robust software, it often crashes affected work. Many users face QuickBooks errors which can be a trouble especially if they are not resolved on time. One of the most common technical issue faced by users is QuickBooks Error 15222 and in this article, we will discuss this error in details. However, if you have any questions or need any additional help seek assistance from QuickBooks Error Support service providers.
Possible Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15222
Users generally get the QuickBooks error code 15222 when they are trying to download a QuickBooks Payroll or trying to update the QuickBooks Desktop in the computer.
So, here are few of the reasons why this issue happens.
- Antivirus and firewall installed in the computer.
- Internet Explorer not the default browser.
- The register digital signatures are not working, and they are the function of Internet Explorer.
When users get the QuickBooks error 15222, then they are not able to download the payroll or update QuickBooks Desktop. This is also because that the QuickBooks Payroll subscription is active in the computer
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15222?
To resolve QuickBooks error code 15222 follow the below mentioned steps.
In case, your system has any antivirus or antispyware installed, then you will require to update the applications listed below to allow some exception.
- QB32.exe and qbupdate.exe process
- QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com and Payroll.com domains
Solution 2: Installing the digital signature certificate
- First thing to do is close QuickBooks Desktop in your system.
- Users might not be able to see the digital signature if QuickBooks is opened.
- Now search for the QBW32.exe file, and it is located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Now right-click on QBW32.exe, and select the Properties option.
- After this choose the Digital Signature tab and do ensure that you have selected the Intuit Inc from the signature list.
- Now choose the Details Option
- After this select the View Certificate option from the Digital signature Details window.
- Now from the Certificate window choose the Install Certificate.
- After this click on the Next tab once Finish icon is displayed on your computer screen.
- Now go to Finish.
- Once done reboot your system.
- Now open QuickBooks to easily download the updates.
- Download the updates again
These steps are not that complicated, and users can easily fix the issue. But if the problem persists then seek assistance from QuickBooks Payroll Support team 1(800)880-6389. You will get the feasible solution for your QuickBooks related problems from the accounting experts.