- Last Updated on:   June 4th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks error code 15270 generally occurs when you make an attempt to download the payroll update. However, this error code is associated with a warning message as shown below.
Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
QuickBooks Error 15270 is a common error that may occur due to many reasons. This error is generally appears when you updating payroll into QB. This is a common error and can be solve by following some troubleshooting steps. However, if you are not tech savvy then don’t worry as our QuickBooks payroll help team is available there to assist you. To have a conversation with our experts dial 1-800-880-6389.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15270
- This error crashes all active programs that run on your desktop window.
- This often crashes your computer with error 15270 when running a similar program.
What Causes Error 15270 in QuickBooks?
- Incomplete download of update files
- User Account Settings is turn on
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser.
- Improper program files or corrupted QuickBooks program files.
- System fails to download the update files completely
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
Below we have given few quick steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15270
Step 1. First Turn off the UAC.
In Windows 7, 8 OS:
- First click on the Windows Start main menu key button and choose Control Panel tab.
- After that, click to the View opt by the drop-down arrow keys and then choose its large icons.
- Then, a user need to click on the User Accounts.
- To do so, give one left click on to change User Account Settings in that window.
- After this, move to the slider which never gives any notification and then click to the OK.
For Windows Vista OS
- First of all, give a single click to a windows start main button. Click to the Control panel.
- If it fails to select it, then give a single click on classic view as located on a left hand side of a window screen.
- Then give a double click on the Users Accounts.
- After do so, click on & turn user account control as ON or OFF.
- Finally, clear the ‘Use User Account Control’ (UAC) which helped & protect your desktop as well as software and in the end click OK.
- At last, make a restart your PC.
- Also restart your QuickBooks Software and then reopen your company file.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks from Main Menu:-
- Restart the QuickBooks. In case, the ‘QuickBooks Update Service’ display arises then, hit onto the “Install Later” tab.
- Select the “Help” icon => Update QuickBooks icon.
- Go to the “Update QuickBooks” screen, select the “Update Now” tab. Before selecting the “Get Updates” icon, choose the “Reset Updates” dialogue box and simply make a click on it.
- Press the “OK” tab to confirm the reset.
- Once the update completed, the “Get Updates” button become active as you can see the “Update Complete” message appears on the screen. Later, restart the QuickBooks.
- Click on the “Install Now” button if “QuickBooks Update Service” message pop-up.
- To install the QuickBooks payroll updates again, go to the “Employees” tab => “Get Payroll Updates” tab.
- Confirm that you have select ‘Download entire payroll update’. Finally, press the “Update” tab.
In case, the above prescribed steps fail to resolve the error code 15270..! You should follow the steps given below:-
- Check if the subscription is active:-
- Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll: Hit onto the “Employees” tab => “My Payroll Service” tab => “Account/Billing Information” or “Account Info/Preferences” tab. To check whether subscription is Active and see the ‘QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance’ page – login the Intuit Account.
- Assisted Payroll: Hit onto the “Employees” tab => “My Payroll Service” tab => “Account/Billing Information” or “Account Info/Preferences” tab. Once the ‘QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance’ page open, shut-down the display to see the update & re-validation of payroll service.
- In case, you are utilizing Social Security numbers despite of employer identification number (EINs) or if you have not entered the Service Key yet. Make sure that you have all these elements in the QuickBooks.
- Run the “Reboot.bat”.
- Go to the “Programs” tab => “Internet Options” tab to ensure that you are using Internet Explorer as default browser. In the “Default Web Browser” section, choose the “Make Default” button.
- Change the internet connection from Wi-Fi to hard wire.
- Turn off the User Account Controls temporarily. (Windows Vista, 7, and 8 users only).
- Repair the QuickBooks application.
- Use the Selective Startup to clean install the QuickBooks.
I hope you have successfully resolve the payroll error message. In case, the above methods are unable to fix the problem and you still facing errors, then feel free to consult with our experts at +1(800)880-6389 and speak with our QuickBooks error support agent that provides instant solution in your critical technical situation.