Quick & Simple Steps to Fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31
QuickBooks is an advanced bookkeeping and accounting software that assists business owners in managing their business, creating inventories, pay employees, and preparing for taxes. Though QuickBooks is a robust software, it sometimes faces technical errors and glitches that may impact the productivity of the users. In the meanwhile some issues can be fixed by simple troubleshooting steps, some may need intervention of an expert.
QuickBooks errors may show up anytime, while installation, updating or upgrading it, or while using it. One common error that you may face while using it is QuickBooks Error 31. Here is everything you should know to avoid this error and to fix it if it appears.
What is QuickBooks Error 31
This error mostly appears while opening payroll reports in Excel. Other occasions when this issue may crop up are when you install the software, update it, launch it, sync it, try to open it, delete or remove a file, export a file, print something, or import or add accounts on Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. A malicious software, corruption in software, or hardware malfunctioning may trigger this error.
Another major reason behind the occurrence of this error may be the lack of affiliation in QuickBooks report layouts and Excel. A damaged Microsoft Office establishment may also cause Intuit QuickBooks Error Code 31.
How to Troubleshoot Intuit QuickBooks Error Code 31?
This article is aimed to assist you fix QuickBooks Error Code 31. Here are the steps you can follow (in the given order) to resolve this issue.
- Firstly, you will have to investigate the reason of this error and that may be with computer equipment, windows, internet connection, security software, or with any third-party software.
- To start with, you can check if windows operating system is working properly. If your windows OS is not updated, it may create issues.
- Remove all security software that you may have installed recently.
- Turn off the Firewall.
- Ensure that you haven’t opened any other application while you are trying to fix Intuit QuickBooks Error 31.
- In case the application was working fine lately with your security software, check if the security software is updated.
- Remove or uninstall and application or software that you have installed of late.
- Make use of Windows explorer to explore the file where error message is found.
- Now, double click the file where error message is found, and you will receive a prompt requesting you to choose a program to connect the file.
- Select Excel and click Ok to connect the format with Excel and you should be able to successfully open the payroll report.
In case the issue still persists, you can contact QuickBooks Error Support Team. You can also contact our QuickBooks experts at +1 800 880 6389 for quick and precise solution. We are available round the clock and offer you the best services that your business deserves.