- Last Updated on:   Aug 14th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
In the modern world of global businesses & technology, accounting and bookkeeping solution has become a primary necessity. Therefore, the benefit & rapid growth of companies with no hassle, Intuit Inc. developed an accounting software that is – QuickBooks. This software has garnered an immense reputation in the business market of the United States & Canada.
But in the last few years, it has been observed by the few QuickBooks users that this it frequently get affected by the QuickBooks Error Code 3100. Here in this post, we are going to endow the best information from our understanding of this issue. We will provide a complete overview of the symptoms, causes, and solution of the QB Error Code 3100. However, you can take guidance from our QuickBooks error support services in case you have any queries or looking for help.
When this error occurs you will see the following error message on your screen:
Customer Insert/Update Error – [CustomerName] – 3100 – The name “[CustomerName]” of the list element is already in use.
QuickBooks Error 3100 Symptoms
Check out the signs and symptoms of QB Error 3100 given below:
- Frequent active program window crashes.
- QuickBooks Error Code 3100 pop-up on the screen.
- System crashes after regular interval of time.
- Keyboard inputs & mouse responds slowly.
- Generally, the Error 3100 appears while QuickBooks installation.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3100
Check out the reasons due to which Error 3100 occurs:
- Corrupt QuickBooks download or incomplete QB installation.
- Corrupt or damaged Windows registry.
- Attack of harmful viruses & malware.
- Mistakenly deleted QB programs/files.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3100?
Check out the systematic troubleshooting steps to resolve the QB Error 3100:
Step 1: Repair Windows Registries Associated with Error 3100
Steps to repair the Windows registries given below:
- Firstly, Hit the “Start” or “Windows” tab.
- After that Enter the “command” in the dialogue box… DO NOT hit the ENTER yet.!
- Now Press Ctrl+Shift on the keyboard and press the ENTER tab.
- You will be redirected to the permission dialogue box.
- Hit the “Yes” icon.
- The “command prompt” will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type the “regedit” & press the ENTER.
- Choose the keys related to the error 3100 in the “Registry Editor”.
- In the File menu, select the Export.
- Choose the folder that you want to save in your Save In list.
- Enter the name of QB backup files for which you want to create the backup in “File Name” box.
- Ensure that the “Selected branch” chosen in the Export Range box.
- Hit the Save icon.
- Finally, the file will save with a .reg extension.
Step 2: Conduct the Full System Malware Scan
- Run the full system scan on your anti-virus software to remove the entire malicious viruses.
Step 3: Cleanup the System Junk
As we use our system daily, the system accumulates dozens of junk files & programs. It may slow down your system or cause the error code 3100..! Hence, use the antivirus software to eliminate the gibberish files, folders, and programs out from the computer. Use the below given steps to remove junk files through Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Hit the “Start” or “Windows” button.
- Enter the “command” in the search box… DO NOT hit the Enter yet..!
- Press the Ctrl+Shift & hit the Enter tab.
- You will be redirected to a permission dialog box.
- Click the “Yes” icon.
- The command prompt will appear.
- Type the “cleanmgr” & hit the Enter tab.
- Disk Cleanup will estimate the occupied disk space.
- Check the boxes & hit the OK icon.
Step 4: Update the System Drivers
- Update your all windows system drivers manually.
Step 5: “Undo” the Recent System Changes by Using Windows System Restore
- Hit the “Start” or “Windows” button.
- Type “System Restore” in the search box & hit the “Enter”.
- Hit the System Restore.
- If prompted, enter the administrator password.
- Finally, restore the system.
Step 6: Uninstall & Reinstall the QuickBooks Program (Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP, 8)
- First of all you need to Hit the “Start” button to open the Programs and Features.
- After that, Click the “Control Panel”.
- Click the “Programs”.
- Click the “Programs and Features”.
- Trace the QB programs associated with the “QuickBooks Error Code 3100”.
- Select the QuickBooks associated entry.
- Hit the Uninstall button.
- Finally, reinstall the QuickBooks software.
It might be possible that the above manual steps might not help out in your case. Or possibly you couldn’t perform the above steps accurately..! Well, you can contact the Intuit certified professionals immediately for the support.
People may also like: